Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Straw braid sewing zigzag machines advice

George Leca

New in Town
I have recently acquired two straw braid machines; both made by Grossman , one Dresdenia and one Anita B (pictured below). The Anita B (zigzag) has a adjustable guide which has in my case two dials one horizontal (cylinder) and one vertical (wheel) - pictured below .
Anybody knows what are the dials for (I cannot see what they are doing, mine might be incapacitated).
Many thanks,
George

George Leca

New in Town
Well, mystery of the dials is solved. It looks they are there for a finer additional guide (almost never bought or used) (see the pic). As for the manual, I would love one, but never seem or heard about one in existence.
extra guide for zigzag grossmann.jpg

Bertie.Wooster

One of the Regulars
Well, mystery of the dials is solved. It looks they are there for a finer additional guide (almost never bought or used) (see the pic). As for the manual, I would love one, but never seem or heard about one in existence. View attachment 146234

Sorry for reviving an old thread!

George, does the Anita B do straight stitches as well? I might have an opportunity to get one myself. I currently have a Dresdenia B. What machine do you prefer using?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot