Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Straw pole - how many of you wear lids whilst driving?

Victor

One of the Regulars
I wear mine in the car. I drive a Jeep and in the summer I take the top off (it never rains here in summer). I usually wear a hat to keep my hair from flying in my face when I drive. So far it hasn't flown off in the wind...

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Victor said:
I wear mine in the car. I drive a Jeep and in the summer I take the top off (it never rains here in summer). I usually wear a hat to keep my hair from flying in my face when I drive. So far it hasn't flown off in the wind...

I wish I had hair to fly in my face! :cry: :cry:

myronw

New in Town
Hi Guys,

I wear my hat all of the time when I'm driving my peeekup, but when I drive the old cars, I don't. I have a '65 GTO convertible, but the temptation to put your toe in it is always to great to wear a hat. My other old car is a '70 ElCamino, which is just too short in the top for my hat to fit, I'm working on a '35 Packard, and when or if I ever get it finished, I'll probably wear a fedora all of the time.

Keep smiling,

Myron

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Mine stays on my head...always ..unless the wife taps hers toes & crosses her arms,

Myron..old cars??? heck those are NEW cars to me. If they don't have running boards and mechanical brakes there just too damn new :p

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Gooogle

Mycroft said:
What is a straw poll?

GOOGLE

"straw poll

Originally, a small, informal opinion survey. Today, a straw poll is generally a large-scale, scientifically determined public opinion survey based on a random sample of the population. Straw polls are commonly used to test public opinion of candidates running for office."

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Everywhere except bed and the shower.

I wear my hat from the house, to the car, in the car, and to the office. Never without a hat. I used to never wear in the workplace, as I was afraid of ridicule. Now I wear it ALWAYS. No ridicule. It was my insecurity. Not theirs.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
odd man out

I take my hat off in the car. Now I feel embarassed to admit it. The strange bit of etiquette I do is thus: I keep it on in a shopping mall but remove it when I enter a shop. Does that make sense to anyone?

The Wolf

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Myron cars

myronw said:
Hi Guys,

I wear my hat all of the time when I'm driving my peeekup, but when I drive the old cars, I don't. I have a '65 GTO convertible, but the temptation to put your toe in it is always to great to wear a hat. My other old car is a '70 ElCamino, which is just too short in the top for my hat to fit, I'm working on a '35 Packard, and when or if I ever get it finished, I'll probably wear a fedora all of the time.

Keep smiling,

Myron

I wish you had a camera my friend i'd love to see your cars. :)

Mycroft

One Too Many
Andykev said:
GOOGLE

"straw poll

Originally, a small, informal opinion survey. Today, a straw poll is generally a large-scale, scientifically determined public opinion survey based on a random sample of the population. Straw polls are commonly used to test public opinion of candidates running for office."

Thanks, Andykev, it was bothering me.

matei

One Too Many
I wear my hat in the car while I'm driving. Although my car is small (VW Polo), I have more than enough room.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Roof Lines

gandydancer said:
Yaa... Sure, I wear a lid. Why do you think I have an SUV?

YES! That is one of "THE REASONS" that hats went out of fashion: LOWER ROOF LINES IN THE CARS.

I had a 1940 Buick (stupid stupid I sold it!) and the dang thing was a cave inside when it came to roof height. You could wear a 10 Gallon hat in that.

Fast foreward to 1965, the FORD FAIRLANE my brother and I drove as our first car. Lower roof line. No hat.

Todays cars, sporty, with ergonomic seats, head restraints, automatic belts..etc. You have a hard time wearing a hat without it being pushed by the headrest or something. Wack your head and knock off the hat getting into the car too...lower door frame openings.

(sidebar: the cars today are more comfortable, faster, safer, efficient, and less polluting - by far - than the cars of the 40's thru 70's)

Good point!

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
I wear a hat about anywhere I go. When I'm driving (or even riding shotgun) the hat is usually on my head. Besides, the brim helps block the sun-in-your-face syndome during rush hour! :cool:

As for newsboys, I like these caps. But if I'm going somewhere more formal than casual, the fedora is what comes with me.

bink

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112