Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Successful movie shoot yesterday with Aero Leather Jacket

Navin323i

Practically Family
Hello Gents,

It was an absolute honor for me to represent our community yesterday at a movie film shoot for BMW of North America profiling BMW car enthusiasts and the love we have for our cars. I was able to share my heart story and tell them about our forum here and Aero Leather in Scotland and how my NYPD jacket tied into my BMW ownership experience during that time years back when my tire blew while driving on the highway and was able to maintain control of my BMW while in the comfort of wearing my Aero jacket. The entire film crew and BMW corporate people there were so moved by my story that they are now flying me all expenses paid to BMW HQ in New Jersey and to their Performance Center and factory in South Carolina to serve as a motivational speaker to their entire corporate staff. Total dream come true and an incredibly humbling experience for me while wearing hands down the best leather jacket I own. Thank you all for allowing me to be part of such an amazing community here and my thanks to Ken, Holly and staff at Aero Leather. These pics have been sent to them as well so they're aware that they will be mentioned in this movie. Hope you all enjoy the pics and enjoy your day in the very best of health! :)

Attachments

• BF2014-1b.jpg
    BF2014-1b.jpg
    727.1 KB · Views: 303
  • BF2014-1c.jpg
    BF2014-1c.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 277
  • BF2014-1d.jpg
    BF2014-1d.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 220
  • BF2014-1e.jpg
    BF2014-1e.jpg
    776.5 KB · Views: 244
  • BF2014-1f.jpg
    BF2014-1f.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 210
  • BF2014-1g.jpg
    BF2014-1g.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 195
  • BF2014-1h.jpg
    BF2014-1h.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 213
  • BF2014-1i.jpg
    BF2014-1i.jpg
    678.9 KB · Views: 188
  • BF2014-1j.jpg
    BF2014-1j.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

Navin323i

Practically Family
This post is most interesting. Thanks so much for sharing. :thumb:

Thanks Fanch! I appreciate your time in reading what I had to share, my friend.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the BMW roundel symbol you see on the Aero NYPD jacket was a temporary sticker I briefly stuck on just for the shoot. In addition to filming me and a few other people, BMW also filmed a professional race car driver drifting the new M4 coupe, new M3 sedan and a few other cars plus had some other interesting cars there on display and I got special permission to sit in the $100k plus BMW below fully made of the same carbon fiber material that my mechanical heart components are made from.

The BMW i8...

Attachments

• BF2014-1k.jpg
    BF2014-1k.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 168

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That's really cool Navin. I've always been a firm believer that an item can take on really meaningful sentimental value. Your jacket/car is no exception. Congrats.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Apologies gents for my delay in responding... I've been experiencing symptoms similar to what one would experience prior to a heart attack (shortness of breath and tightness in chest) but after a treadmill stress test today it was confirmed it was a pacemaker setting issue which was corrected and I feel like I have a brand new heart now. :)

That's really cool Navin. I've always been a firm believer that an item can take on really meaningful sentimental value. Your jacket/car is no exception. Congrats.

Thank you so much, Nick! I couldn't agree with you more about the sentimental value of items. :)

That is a killer BMW!!

Thanks Fanch!! It has definitely been a great car to me and the greatest accomplishment for this car has to be bringing my 2 girls home from the hospital after they were born.

Great story, Navin. An inspiration to us all.

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your time in reading my story. :)

Welcome back Navin.
HD

Thanks HD!! It's great to still see you here, my friend. I can't wait to dig thru some older posts and see what new jackets you've acquired during my time away. :)

Yes, good to see back and know you are still this side of the grass! PC

Thanks PC!! Great to see you are still here too, and yeah, I won't be leaving this side of the grass anytime soon, haha! :)

Congratulations for this, Navin! Thank you for sharing this story.

Thank you so much and it's my pleasure. I'm happy you took the time to read my story. :)

Cool story!

Thanks Andy! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy