Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suddenly, I'm seeing hats everywhere!

moustache

Practically Family
Count the fedoras!!-How many today??

Why not do this again!!! Count how many fedoras you see when out and about.If you can elaborate on whom worn by and such,splendid!!!
The post before this reminded me of this thread from last year.
here is what i saw in Portland,Oregon yesterday:

Two fedoras(other than my Borsalino)

Both on men over 50,maybe 55-60ish.Lower quality but still they were fedoras.
Maybe because of the rain.

JD
Vancouver,Wa

Anders

One of the Regulars
I see three fedoras almost daily here at Montana State. There's, "Hawaiian shirt and modern stetson guy", "corduroy fedora man" and "Borsalino with three-piece suit music professor".

So far today I've seen the first two, and Hawaiian shirt has switched over to a straw. I also saw one of those plasticly, pinstriped variety on a young woman leaving a bar last night.

moustache

Practically Family
Anders said:
I see three fedoras almost daily here at Montana State. There's, "Hawaiian shirt and modern stetson guy", "corduroy fedora man" and "Borsalino with three-piece suit music professor".

So far today I've seen the first two, and Hawaiian shirt has switched over to a straw. I also saw one of those plasticly, pinstriped variety on a young woman leaving a bar last night.

Ah,yes.Good ol Bozeman,Montana.Lived there as a young lad,living the "river runs through it"style .A delightful place on earth!! I envy you my friend.I will move back there some day!!

JD

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dateline: Sydney, Australia. Fedoras: zilch.

Nada. Ixnay. Zero. Not even a bush hat. :(

Now at the Royal Easter show last Wednesday, well, plenty of Akubras to be seen there, from Western Range to Outback models. More than could be counted. But no fedoras.

Almost every day I'm an oasis of fur felt in a sea of messy mops!

Roaring Days

Familiar Face
Will have a look tonight, I can see two or three on the trains. As I work in Melbourne City, I do see a few sights and several hats. Will post tomorrow with my result,

cheers

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
Well, it's been raining the last two days, but it's rare that I don't see at least two or three guys in fedoras or aussie hats in a typical one hour dog walk here in my neighborhood.

Joel

Pat_H

A-List Customer
It's raining here today, which means I will see exactly two, and no more than that.

And, they will be the one I wore in, and the one that one of my partners wears. Mine gets a little more use, but in this region, the domain of the cowboy and baseball hat, these two fedoras seem to be the only ones in the county, and see use only during inclement weather.

Funny thing is, a fellow who moved in here from somewhere else about a decade ago is obviously desperately seeking a business hat to go with his suit, tie, and overcoat he wears nearly every day. When I saw him in the street a while back, he was wearing an Australian drovers hat, that seems to be morphing into a fedora.

Dobb

Familiar Face
I now consider myself a hat addict. Today, while working with my truck on the corner of 48th street and 6th Ave in NYC, a guy walked by wearing a nice bowler hat. I was wearing my Walker "Suburban" fedora. I yelled, "Hey nice hat" and he replied " Thanks, you have a nice one as well". And lately, I find myself studying every hat I see while watching classic movies.I am enjoying all this very much.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I wish I saw more in northern California. I see about three fedoras a year. Lotsa cowboy hats, though. Well...not lots, but more than the fedoras.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Lots of "fedoras" around San Francisco. Mostly the cut and sew fabric ones and wool stingies, but hats are definitely "in" as an accessory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points