Suddenly, I'm seeing hats everywhere!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by moustache, Apr 15, 2007.

1. moustache

moustache Practically Family

Count the fedoras!!-How many today??

Why not do this again!!! Count how many fedoras you see when out and about.If you can elaborate on whom worn by and such,splendid!!!
    The post before this reminded me of this thread from last year.
    here is what i saw in Portland,Oregon yesterday:

Two fedoras(other than my Borsalino)

Both on men over 50,maybe 55-60ish.Lower quality but still they were fedoras.
    Maybe because of the rain.

JD
    Vancouver,Wa

2. Anders

Anders One of the Regulars

I see three fedoras almost daily here at Montana State. There's, "Hawaiian shirt and modern stetson guy", "corduroy fedora man" and "Borsalino with three-piece suit music professor".

So far today I've seen the first two, and Hawaiian shirt has switched over to a straw. I also saw one of those plasticly, pinstriped variety on a young woman leaving a bar last night.

3. ValleyBoy

ValleyBoy Familiar Face

0.00. What sadness.:(

4. moustache

Ah,yes.Good ol Bozeman,Montana.Lived there as a young lad,living the "river runs through it"style .A delightful place on earth!! I envy you my friend.I will move back there some day!!

JD

5. RBH

RBH Bartender

Hope Saturday will count.
    Saw one straw fedora [with the brim up all the way around] at a mall in Little Rock.

6. moustache

Today-Sunday:One hat.Straw.And not even a good one!! Sheesh!!

JD

7. rockyj

rockyj One of the Regulars

Always see more on Sundays

Saw three. One was mine;)

8. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Dateline: Sydney, Australia. Fedoras: zilch.

Nada. Ixnay. Zero. Not even a bush hat. :(

Now at the Royal Easter show last Wednesday, well, plenty of Akubras to be seen there, from Western Range to Outback models. More than could be counted. But no fedoras.

Almost every day I'm an oasis of fur felt in a sea of messy mops!

9. Roaring Days

Roaring Days Familiar Face

Will have a look tonight, I can see two or three on the trains. As I work in Melbourne City, I do see a few sights and several hats. Will post tomorrow with my result,

cheers

10. doghouse

doghouse One of the Regulars

1. My grandfathers. (my husband wears a Homburg currently)

11. Bruce A. Fulmer

Bruce A. Fulmer New in Town

Saw a crisp-looking canvas fedora on a Cincinnati street corner, not far from Batsakes Hats coincidentally.

12. Joel Tunnah

Joel Tunnah Practically Family

Well, it's been raining the last two days, but it's rare that I don't see at least two or three guys in fedoras or aussie hats in a typical one hour dog walk here in my neighborhood.

Joel

13. Pat_H

Pat_H A-List Customer

It's raining here today, which means I will see exactly two, and no more than that.

And, they will be the one I wore in, and the one that one of my partners wears. Mine gets a little more use, but in this region, the domain of the cowboy and baseball hat, these two fedoras seem to be the only ones in the county, and see use only during inclement weather.

Funny thing is, a fellow who moved in here from somewhere else about a decade ago is obviously desperately seeking a business hat to go with his suit, tie, and overcoat he wears nearly every day. When I saw him in the street a while back, he was wearing an Australian drovers hat, that seems to be morphing into a fedora.

14. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

two:
    1 polyester porkpie abomination (bleh)
    1 1970s stingy brim suede fedora (bleh)

15. Dobb

Dobb Familiar Face

I now consider myself a hat addict. Today, while working with my truck on the corner of 48th street and 6th Ave in NYC, a guy walked by wearing a nice bowler hat. I was wearing my Walker "Suburban" fedora. I yelled, "Hey nice hat" and he replied " Thanks, you have a nice one as well". And lately, I find myself studying every hat I see while watching classic movies.I am enjoying all this very much.

16. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams A-List Customer

I think more folks are wearing hats. I have noticed, not only hats, but newsboy caps on a lot of men lately.:eusa_clap

17. Blackthorn

Blackthorn I'll Lock Up

I wish I saw more in northern California. I see about three fedoras a year. Lotsa cowboy hats, though. Well...not lots, but more than the fedoras.

18. samtemporary

samtemporary One of the Regulars

Very few in South Florida, unfortunately.

19. Historyteach24

Historyteach24 Call Me a Cab

This spring straws and panamas have been seen here in WV it's nice that some of us still have style lol

20. jlee562

jlee562 I'll Lock Up

Lots of "fedoras" around San Francisco. Mostly the cut and sew fabric ones and wool stingies, but hats are definitely "in" as an accessory.