Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit Wallet

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
I've been unsuccesfully looking for a suit wallet for some time and wonder if one of you has come across somthing like that. I'm thinking of:

- "portrait", not "landscape"

- flat, just for bills and credit cards, not all kinds of coins compartments, pen holders, key rings, notepads, checkbook holders or Martini glasses

- about 6 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches. Have a mentioned flat?

When I first thought about getting one, and putting coins in a different receptacle, I gathered it would be rather easy, but somehow nothing like it seems to be available; if I find jacket wallets at all, they're usually to thick for my wants.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
A good search

I think I know just the sort of thing you're describing. Hard to find here as well. I've settled for a Cabella's standard bi-fold men's wallet. It came with a very small, removable card case that takes no room at all and holds my license, a few cards and kid pictures. I tuck the little cash I carry into the center of it.
Discarded the wallet itself.
Does anyone carry a wallet in a back pocket? I stopped doing this a few years back.
1. On the advice of my Dr., who said sitting on such a thing acts as a shim, screwing up your lower back in time.
2. On the advice of traveling friends, who explained that it's an easy target for pickpockets.
3. On the advice of the local Police Chief, who assured me it's an easy target for pickpockets.
4. On the advice of my trousers, which were wearing through in the seat from the wallet.
The small one goes into a front pocket, or a jacket pocket.

If you find a very thin, flat, jacket billfold... please pass along?

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
I've seen some similar ones on the 'net meanwhile.

Indeed, yours looks good -

62665_Bxlrg.jpg

but is it still thin, with all these compartments? I could do without the one that goes over both parts, and the small one on the left - I'm afraid that's three more layers of leather that add to the volume. If it's as thick as my current and worn bi-fold, it wouldn't be worth the change just in order to have non-folded bills ready - I have to confess I don't plan on ironing and starching them anyway. Also, I don't always have bills ready.

The dimensions given on the site are promising, though:
dimensions: 10cm x 17cm x 0cm

0 cm roughly corresponds to 0 inches, I calculate[huh].

You happen to have a pocket rule at hand?

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Thanks.

My current wallet is about an inch thick if I don't press it. Hardly more than your two centimetres, and this includes a coin compartment with some coins and a popper, and ten piled plastic cards. So, I'd have roughly the same as now, just twice as high?

Ah, the disadvantages of online shopping.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Just ordered this one

ZGLW.jpg

from Dalvey. It's at "end of line" (lower right), and reduced by 50%. Outwith (love that Scots) the EU, you also get 17% VAT off.

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
Flip book wallet

It's not exactly what you want, but I saw "portrait" and I thought of this one from Levenger. It's really meant to hold custom 3x5 cards (which I'll get next time I'm sitting around thinking, "Gee, I've got money to burn"), and 3 credit cards. I suppose bills could be put in one of the 5 pockets meant for 3x5 cards. It measures 3.5" x 5.75".

Levenger flip wallet thingy

Zach R.

Practically Family
Most department stores carry "checkbook wallets," what I did is I bought one of those and just took the little checkbook slide out and it ends up pretty much what Baron posted, I bought one at Belks on sale and it was roughly 15 dollars. It has held up well, considering.

I'm addicted to Aspinal of London. I started with the slim breast wallet, and then it was the passport wallet, the luggage tags, the key case, the memo pad, and now I'm waiting for a briefcase. Thank God I'm out of things to buy from there.

sbw_crbl_lft_sml.jpg

sbw_crbl_mid_sml.jpg

It's not pictured, but the inside is lined with blue suede. Whoever there buyer is over there, he or she has a great eye.

Here's the direct link to the wallet.

http://www.aspinaloflondon.com/accessories.asp?CategoryID=11&RangeID=63&StyleID=192&ProductID=247&DesignID=808

Regards,

Senator Jack

matei

One Too Many
My wife gave me a jacket wallet from Marks & Spencer, and I like it a lot.

I got tired of a lumpy wallet ruining the drape of my fine tailored clothing. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy