Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sullivan gloves review

01flhr

One of the Regulars
last week i decided i was due for some new riding gloves. ive had churchill vented maverick shorties, langlitz, and some cheapo off the rack trash. i really like my churchills amd figured id give the sullivans a try.

these gloves i got are the sullivan deerskin shorties with the outseams. they showed up after about 2 weeks wait. i did have to send one email to find out what was going on with my order since id gotten no shipping info after 10 days. i got a response back at 930pm est that there was a qc issue with my order and they had to be remade. not a big deal since its too crappy to ride here in western pa currently.

a few days went by and i got an email that i had a package via usps. they got this set out the door in a hurry. im under the impression from their email that these gloves are mto, which i found a little odd, but maybe not if theyre a smaller company. i think the gloves are great, until i get to looking at the wrist closure. its an eyesore. my churchills arent like this and neither is sullivans website. the leather is soft and supple with some nice grain and all the stitching is nice, until you get to the elastic. the fit is pretty much the same as the churchill deerskins, which is accurate according to their sizing chart. i want to recommend these, but the elastic stops me from doing so. ill probably black it out with a sharpee and ride on, but i cant believe these got out the door like this.
20220418_173723.jpg
20220418_173647.jpg
20220418_173703.jpg

20220418_165818.jpg

20220418_173628.jpg

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
I just want to share my experience with the qc of this company:
I bought two pairs of deerskin Classics (Black and Gold) which were delivered yesterday.
Both are subpar I would say.

1) the gold/tan coloured ones have blemishes or cuts which are clearly visible since they are coloured in a darker tone.
These are not scars but cuts in the leather. (see pictures)

2) the Black ones are badly constructed. The index finger of the left glove is as long as the middle finger. That's appr. 0.5" to long. (see picture)
I am really puzzled by this as it is clearly visible on superficial inspection.

I reached out to them and hope things can be sorted out, but the qc issues should be kept in mind when ordering from them. Not a big Problem when located in the states but a problem for me living in Germany.

Happy New Year everybody!

Attachments

• IMG_20221230_153836.jpg
    IMG_20221230_153836.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20221230_153813.jpg
    IMG_20221230_153813.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20221230_153825.jpg
    IMG_20221230_153825.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20221230_153727.jpg
    IMG_20221230_153727.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

01flhr

One of the Regulars
I just want to share my experience with the qc of this company:
I bought two pairs of deerskin Classics (Black and Gold) which were delivered yesterday.
Both are subpar I would say.

1) the gold/tan coloured ones have blemishes or cuts which are clearly visible since they are coloured in a darker tone.
These are not scars but cuts in the leather. (see pictures)

2) the Black ones are badly constructed. The index finger of the left glove is as long as the middle finger. That's appr. 0.5" to long. (see picture)
I am really puzzle by this as it is clearly visible on superficial inspection.

I reached out to them and hope things can be sorted out, but the qc issues should be kept in mind when ordering from them. Not a big Problem when located in the states but a problem for me living in Germany.

Happy New Year everybody!
thats a load of garbage. they look used to me. i got a pair of churchill/jrc gloves after this and i cant recommend them enough. at this point ive got 3 pairs of their gloves. a perforated short maverick in deer, langlitz in goat, and a pair of custom 2 tone short mavericks with outseams and velcro closure in deer. all 3 of them are top notch.

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
Do you have experience with Geier gloves? I found a shop with attractive prices for those, which would send overseas.
Regards Daniel

01flhr

One of the Regulars
no i do not. i bought my first pair of churchills because theyre a fairly well known brand over here. langlitz makes some awesome jackets and they make their gloves for them out of the ll goat and, even though i know its acting, arnold uses their gloves in his roles. schwarzenegger is a known motorcycle enthusiast and hes been in a few roles involving motorcycles, think all the terminator movies. i know he gets to pick his wardrobe for those roles and i figure if theyre good enough for him, there pretty good. i figured right, theyre good.

bootsonatrain

New in Town
I had a similar experience with Sullivan. CS reached out and told me there was a defect - stains and offered a discount. Upon receiving the gloves there were other defects - gouge in the middle of palm of 1 glove and loose stitching. Will not buy again.

01flhr

One of the Regulars
sounds like sullivan has some off days for sure. i need to clarify how i worded my previous post, langlitz branded gloves are made by churchill for langlitz out of the langlitz goat. i reread the post and it seemed like id been testing windex flavors the way that was written.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk