Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Super c. 1950 SUIT -- 44 R

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Came in today and its excellent. First brown suit, but I think it works on me. The jacket is just about perfect for me in terms of fit and also style. Its that early 1950s perfect cut like Cary Grant from "People Will Talk" 3 subtly rolled to 2, moderate lapels (not Bold Look wings, not late 1950s skinny), etc. Really a jacket I might have my tailor copy...

grant-cut.jpg

Trouser are a little short but should be able to keep the cuffs. Photos shortly.

Thanks again!

D

Deleted member 16736

This is my favorite suit period as well, at least for the 50's. So sharp. I was thinking about it today, and the 50's were a really fun, futuristic time in America. Mid-Century Modern is still ahead of its time, the cars looked like spaceships, it was just a cool time to be alive. I think that's part of the appeal of dressing 50's: you're living retro, but also modern.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Joel I share your sentiments as well. I really like 1950-58 in suit styles (Mr. T to the Continental).

Some quick and dirty photos, not my first choice for shirt, tie, etc. combo, but I do not have the best set of accessories to match a brown suit (well its an excuse for more shopping right?).

I really love the cut and shape of the jacket, with the slightly roped shoulders... Also I love forward pleats on trousers, so it has got many of the things I look for a in a suit. Trouser legs need to come down about an inch, and I'll have to try to sleaves with French cuffs to see how they look as well.

400497193.jpg

400497191.jpg

400497189.jpg

Good for both of us, Chasseur, that I didn't see this until the auction was over. One or the other of us might have ended up paying a good bit more. But I'm glad I didn't stumble across it until now, seeing how it looks so good on you, and how I already have a 1950s vintage (1955, to be exact) brown suit in a similar style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ