Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Supply Chain Hurting Your Liquor Cabinet?

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Some base spirits, liqueurs and mixers have become hard to come by these days. Averna amaro and Basil Hayden's Dark Rye are as rare as chicken teeth in my area. What's missing from your cabinet?

empty all gone.jpg

Last edited:
Bottles of some Single Malt Scotch are hard to get, especially above 12 yr olds. Lagavulin 8 & 16 yr olds are very hard to find. Same with Longmorn & Strathisla, now more difficult to find than before. So far the Ardbegs can still be found. One of the reasons I started down the path of American Single Malts.

What seems to be popping up everywhere are little shops selling what we used to call gas station 6-packs.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Complete opposite here, choice of Single Malts, US booze, Cognac, Rum, even exotic brands from exotic countries in banal supermarkets has never been larger than today. Wine has always been in large supply, exotic beers are increasingly catching up.

• Wow
Reactions: MK
We have a provincially run liquor distribution branch and the employees are conducting job action as a precursor to a full blown strike. So, they are limiting the public to just 3 of any one item.........I drink boxed wine so I am good for a month or so!!!

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. Bezos currently sells Talisker 10 for 28,- bucks here. Appears not really to be in short supply.
Supermarkets slightly higher, around 30,- bucks when not in offer.

Minor disaster on Saturday night as my wife and I had planned a Greek Picnic.......but alas no liquor store for a 500 mile radius has any Retsina. We were forced to drink white wine!!!!!
Turns out it was a manufactured shortage. The Liquor Board switched from the Tsantali litre bottles to the 750ml and it took them a week or so to make the switch. It was all sitting in the warehouse the whole time. All is well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21