Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swing era and late 1940's 78's

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I recently purchased a very large accumulation of records. A good bit of unplayed dealer stock, and many clean used discs.

I have extracted the early ('oughts, 'teens and 'twenties) discs that I want for my collection, and also most of the better jazz sides from the 1930's, and have sent the Hill-Billy, light classical and the discs that were in less than excellent condition off to the local junktique. I ma left with a several hundred records that are too nice to throw away, and may be of interest to someone, but which are of little commercial value. Things like clean copies of 1950's Sinatra on Columbia, many minor late '30's dance bands, Doris Day, Claude Thornhill, Tex Beneke, The Modernaires, Ames Brothers, Patti Page, Margaret Whiting, and many other similar items. they are not really worth listing on the 'Bay.
Would any of the 'Loungers be interested in these discs? If so, I could offer them in, say, lots of 10 related discs for $10.00, post-paid.

Please let me know if you are interested, and I will begin putting together listings (titles, artists and condition) to post in the Classified section.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Yer killin me. Maybe, just maybe. I like Claude Thornhill and Doris Day. Any oddities? I seem to sort of accumulate them. (E.g. Danny Kaye, "Farming", Rabbi Joseph Rosenblatt, etc.)

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Oddities?
You mean stuff on Baidaphon (an Egyptian label of the 'Twenties), Vitaphone discs, Victor Pict-Ur-Music records, Gennett 20,000 (Personal) series records, Vaughn, Hitch, KKK, 100% records, Marconi Velvet-tone, blue American records, center start Pathe discs, Nicole celluloid records, that sort of stuff? I generally collect it. I think I may have a couple of spare copies of the Danny Kaye album, though, which includes "Anatole of Paris", The Babbit and the Bromide", and several other interesting selections in addition to "Farming".

This group of surplus includes the all of the Decca Jolson albums, Tony Pastor, The Ink Spots, John Laurenz, Woody Herman, Perry Como, Teddy Powell, Dinah Shore, Roy Eldridge, The Four Clefs, Louis Jordan, The Sportsamn, Tadd Dameron, Larry Adler, Tommy Dorsey, Blue Barron, Gene Krupa, George Shering, Joe Sullivan, Edgar hayes, Anne Vincent, The Andrews Sisters, Korny Klowns, Art Van Damme, Buddy Clark, Hoagy Carmichael, Mitchell Ayres, Shep Fields, Julia Lee, The Three Flames, Ray Anthony, Kay Kyser, Joe Alexander, Johnny Mercer, The King Cole Trio, Nat King Cole, Harry James, Eddy Howard, Louis Prima, Dick Jurgens, Frankie Carle, Jan Savitt, Erskine Hawkins, Jimmy Dorsey, Ted Fio Rito, Bunnt Berigan, Andy Kirk, Connee Boswell, Jerry Wald, Karel Valch, Madelyn Russel, Myra Taylor, vivianne greene, and many others. That list included just the contents of two milk crartes of unplayed dealer stick.

This stuff is not terribly valuable, but much of it IS quite good, and should be pput into the hands of someone who can enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk