Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Take it off!!! (Let's hear what you think, ladies.)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
How do all you ladies in the lounge feel about beards and moustaches in general?

And how do you feel about you male fellowloungers moustaches and beards?
Should they stay? Get trimmed? Or should they be off?

Post you beards and moustaches men! And be judged by the most stylish jury. Or female loungemembers.

First man on scaffold doesn't really have a beard or moustache - and then again, some say I do.
Normally I let it grow for a month and then I shave the whole thing off again. Only to start again. I shave with a razor every other day, to get a sharp line.
L1000407.jpg

Some times I dream about showing off with a really nice Royal Air Force moustache - but my wife hates it :eek:

Come on ladies! And show your moustaches gents!:)

LadyDeWinter

A-List Customer
I don't really like beards and moustaches. But it depends on the men sometimes it lools good. But I like those little moustaches that for example Nick Charles had. These are cool.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I rather like a well-groomed tash if it suits the face of the wearer, and beards can be OK as well, if they're well-groomed and the wearer has the personality to carry off the look -- the same beard on two different men can convey two entirely different impressions depending on their demeanor. What I really *don't* like are the unruly/unkempt hippie/biker/mountaineer chinrugs that completely hide the face of the wearer -- I see a guy in one of those, and it makes me think he's wearing a disguise...

Puberty has been unkind to the Baron. 28 years young and still no beard to speak of. This, ladies and gentlemen, after a month (!) of growth :cry:

The Baroness doesn't allow me to grow it when she's around (with good cause, as you can see . . . She don't mind the pink hat, though.

PeachPortis9.jpg

bk

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Spitfire, you keep that beard. How many people tell you that you look like Ernest Hemmingway (unless that IS a picture of EH).

I noticed this picture of you when you had it as your avatar. I must say you are a very handsome man.

s7eng

New in Town
Baron Kurtz said:
Puberty has been unkind to the Baron. 28 years young and still no beard to speak of. This, ladies and gentlemen, after a month (!) of growth :cry:

bk

I'll trade you. I get my 5 o'clock shadow before lunch!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I'm going to kiss the guy, I prefer nothing in the way. If it's just a guy I'm going to look at, then I usually don't mind facial hair. I HATE the pre-pubescent look, however: all or nothing at all. I like sideburns, are they on this poll? And eyebrows, I like heavy eyebrows. :)

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Well DJ, at least you had fun while taking it off. The beard was ok but alittle too BOLD. Trimmed closer would have been better.

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Girl Friday said:
I like scruffy, facial hair is just plain manly!

Clean cut is good too, I guess there's a time and a place for both. ;)

Ditto on the facial hair GF. My guy has a great full beard that he keeps trimmed short. It's turning white and he just looks so handsome.

MattJH

One Too Many
It was fun to do! It was a Philadelphia Eagles rally beard. This was taken on February 6th, 2005 immediately after I got home from watching the Eagles lose the SuperBowl. It was a commitment to grow it from pre-season onward and a commitment to shave it after their season ended. I used to grow a beard every single winter, but it hasn't panned out this year -- beards require about as much attention as a pet :)

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Dumbjaw said:

Hey, I used to do that with the little guy with iron filings and a magnet!:D

I'm clean shaven, but sometimes wear a mustache...a long one curled up on the ends in 18th century German fashion. It gets squished when rifle shooting, though, so I usually keep it shaved off.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Grnidwitch said:
Spitfire, you keep that beard. How many people tell you that you look like Ernest Hemmingway (unless that IS a picture of EH).

I noticed this picture of you when you had it as your avatar. I must say you are a very handsome man.

:eek: Ahhh Thanks. But now that you mention it, my father (who also has a white beard) has been told many times, that he looks like EH.
On the other hand, I was casted as a EH look-a-like once.
The famous shot where he stands in the water reading a newspaper.
Turned out rather well in the ad:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto