Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tap pants

rue

I've been looking all over the internet for tap pants and all I can find are vintage ones. I have no problem wearing used clothing, but I have a bit of an issue buying used underwear. Does anyone know where to buy them new?

Thank you :)

rue

Cute, thank you, but I'm looking for something more like these:

TAPpants2.jpg

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
No... I wish :( I tried, but I got too frustrated and gave my sewing machine to Goodwill rather than throwing it out the window like I wanted to at the time lol
I totally understand. I only have enough patience for extremely simple projects, and those are a stretch.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
I've been looking all over the internet for tap pants and all I can find are vintage ones. I have no problem wearing used clothing, but I have a bit of an issue buying used underwear. Does anyone know where to buy them new?

Thank you :)

I love tap pants too and feel exactly the same way you do about buying vintage lingerie (except for slips). These are by What Katie Did I love the look of them and that they are a longer length without quite being petti-pants.

41c43YNSixL._SL250_.jpg

MissNathalieVintage

Practically Family
Cute, thank you, but I'm looking for something more like these:

TAPpants2.jpg
I have a pair of these I got them from http://www.dandelionvintage.com/ I agree about wearing used underpants. What I do is I treat these like a mini-slip and wear my non-vintage underware underneath these. I am also in the market for new tap pants. I know tap pants make wearing a gartebelt a lot more comfortable to wear.

St. Louis

Practically Family
I've been looking for tap pants in cotton, or at least a cotton blend. They're out there, and they're much more affordable than those gorgeous silk ones, but I guess they're also a bit granny-ish. I'm getting a couple of pairs of these, and I plan to sew some lace trim to the hem to pretty them up a bit.

lareine

A-List Customer
£31 for a pair of knickers?! $84 for a basic set?! They have got to be kidding. This is why people learn to sew.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112