Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tasmanian Blundstone Boots

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tasmanian Blundstone Boots

Every time I see someone asking about the quality of Blundstone boot; the conversation seems to go directly to the fact they are made in Thailand and India now, not Australia. Nothing to do with quality. Here is the reference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blundstone_Footwear

Well here is some good news for the puritans out there. Tasmania is opening a new factory.
http://www.blundstone.com/news/2012...uilding-new-factory-and-head-office-in-hobart

It will be interesting to see what people think about that. Too little too late? About time?
Not sure if it will affect me. My Thailand, two year old pair, seems to have lots of life left in them. I think they will outlive my one year old pair of Dr. Martens that are already cracking at the toe crease.
Any thoughts? Opinions?
Johnny

freakersea

New in Town
i live in tasmania, if you saw the population here and the overall lack of giving a damn but anything then blundstone announcing a new factory here isnt really that special id say the quality and workmanship will more than likely stay at the same standard as the indian and thailand factories. a pair of 'blunnies' with track pants a hoodie is a common sight here in winter.. enough said.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I kind of figured that. It’s probably going to be the same as Dr. Martens. Production went overseas and everyone complained it wasn’t the same, they start making a UK boot again and nobody seems to like them much especially at $100 more a pair. Can’t wait to read the reviews on-line when the new Blundstones come out.
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana