Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tattoo Your Face

MrPumpernickel

One of the Regulars
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Probably the only real job the guy ever had,...:rolleyes:

You know, that's a rather insultive thing to say, both to the person with the tattoos and to yourself since you obviously didn't bother to check.

Enigma has been highly successful in the sideshow/circus circuit, not because he had to choose that field but because he chose to choose it. Aside from The X-Files he's also made appearances as himself in various TV-shows and movies.

For trivia's sake, the people in the links I posted are:

1. The Lizardman, also like enigma fairly involved with the sideshow/circus thing.
2. Enigma, covered above, and Katzen his (former) wife.
3. Matt Gone, he was born with birth defects which he hated. Tattoos make his body into something he likes instead of something he hates. You can read more at http://www.mattgone.com
4. Cat, of part Native American Indian heritage currently trying to transform himself into his totem animal, a cat, through tattoos, plastic surgery and implants.
5. Tom Leppard, The Leopard man of Isle of Skye. Don't really know what he does other than keep to himself. Though from what I read about him his lonerism preceeded his tattoos.
6. No idea of his name.
7. An artist called ManWoman, his bodyart is largely about (as I wrote before) taking the Swastika back into its original usage. He also wrote a book about it, The Gentle Swastika. You can read more about him at his site: http://www.manwoman.net/

Aside from all of this I agree with Happy and unless explicitly asked something or commented about I for one will butt out of this thread.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Coming from NZ facial tattoos aren't so strange for us as we grow up with images of the Maori moko

maori_tattoo.jpg

Admittedly over the last 20 or 30 years facial tattoos have been associated with Maori gangs (ala Once Were Warriors) but lately there's been a resurgence among Maori for the traditional values of ta moko, with even women getting the traditional chin moko.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Generally, I'm opposed to tattoos, but I have some prime advertising space at the top of my skull that might be available if the price were right. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points