Tattoos.

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by farnham54, Mar 24, 2004.

1. "Think Ink!, Fur Sure""

"My opinions on Tattoos, are rather the same as for Fur, "if you are going to do it, you have to be absolutely smothered in it" its no good having a bit of Lama on the lapel, or Chinchilla on the cuffs, Just as it is pointless having a Blossom on the Bosom, or a Dolphin on ones Derriere!, maybe its a Scorpio thing?"

[​IMG]
    "think Ink"

[​IMG]
    "Fur Sure"

2. pretty faythe

pretty faythe One Too Many

Ignore the narrow minded, its body modifiacation body enhacement. :)

3. SayCici

SayCici Practically Family

I do not see tattoos as mutilation. They are my adornments. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I eat very healthily.. tattoos don't "un-do" any of that, instead they are a testament to it. I'm only going to have this canvas once and I want to have fun painting it.

edit: also: could NOT care less if someone thinks people, especially women, are 'ruining' themselves with tattoos or piercings. I love myself and I blow raspberries at anyone that doesn't, please and thank you.

4. "Noted"

5. "the tattoo has has had its "Tipping Point" once they looked cool, now they look common place and cheap, and rather nasty, it happens to all fashion trends "

6. cupcake

cupcake Familiar Face

Funny you'd say that Binkie. I'm a Scorpio too and it's my goal to one day be absolutely covered like that.

7. "must admit I rather like her sandals'

8. Burton

Burton One of the Regulars

I have spent quality time with folks like Dyaks in Borneo that tattoo themselves out of tradition and must say I find the current modern world tattooed to be highly amusing. It takes little thought to mark ones body permenently and I am amazed at the absolutely stupid things people will wear forever. The military tattoo I understand although I did not partake myself as I needed to stay a bit more incognito.

9. jake431

jake431 Practically Family

Fortunate for you, it sounds like you found a home in Borneo. The stupid things people get tattooed will no longer concern you!

10. flat-top

flat-top My Mail is Forwarded Here

I like Grimm's style. Does anyone know where online to find some of his flash? Google's image search doesn't really give me much. I'm specifically looking for cherub-type images. I've seen the one Grimm cherub with boxing gloves, but that won't work.
    Anybody?

11. JimWagner

JimWagner Practically Family

I managed to get out of the Navy without any tattoos. I've never regretted that. But, to each his/her own.

12. Burton

Burton One of the Regulars

Jake, fantastic weather here in Borneo. Sounds like you were not in the military and also avoided stupid tattoos. Good for you!

13. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

The only difference between tattooed people and not-tattooed people is, tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

14. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
    True. I could care less if one has them or doesn't have them -- COuld care less if they are well done or terrible looking. It doesn't affect my life in the slightest! The anger over tattoos here is quite amusing!!! lol

15. 23SkidooWithYou

23SkidooWithYou Practically Family

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

...to be honest, I don't even think about people without ink or wonder why they don't have any. Nor do I assume their lack of ink is "stupid" or that they are perhaps too superficial to be inspired to wear a permanent symbol, or so influenced by their peer group that they dare not become tattooed. I can't get from uninked flesh to personal judgement. There are just so many more important things consider. [huh]

If I do or don't like your tattoo (or absence of one) is irrelevant. I just can't make the leap from not being aesthetically pleased to judging something as "stupid".

16. Edward

Edward Bartender

Quite. I'm just myself bak from a wedding over the weekend where I ended up spending most of the day hanging out with a lady who had some superbly impressive ink. Permanency of the look aside, there's no difference between a tattoo and a vintage hairstyle or dress sense: whether you can pull it off all comes down to sheer force of personality!

17. miserabelle

miserabelle One of the Regulars

I posted this in the Powder Room, but I'd totally forgotten about this thread! Here's mine, I had it done a couple of weeks ago :)

[​IMG]

xx

18. Canadave

Canadave One Too Many

Very nice. Blue Tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)?

19. Lefty

Lefty I'll Lock Up

I like it. Please put it in the thread for nice people. This is the thread for crabby people. I support both types.

20. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Thank you Amy Jeanne, 23SkidooWithYou, and Edward, you've just proved my point.

I'd like to take credit for that line, but in all honesty I read it somewhere years ago, and it stuck. At my last place of employment I had it posted on the wall above my desk, accompanied by a piece of line art (a flying dragon) that looked like tattoo flash. One day the man responsible for maintaining our computer network approached my desk and "confessed" to me that he'd read it several days earlier, considered it, and realized he had been judging tattooed people negatively most of his life based solely on their appearance (i.e., the fact they had tattoos). He continued by telling me he'd come to realize he judged a lot of non-tattoed people as well based solely on their appearance, and wanted to thank me for inadvertently bringing this "character flaw" to his attention so that he could work on changing it. I thought it was a rather cool thing for him to do.

Now, now, no need for name calling. People clearly have differing opinions on the subject of tattoos and, though I might disagree with them, I respect their right to express their opinions.