Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teamster Advice

zebedee

One Too Many
I'm pulling the trigger on one in seal brown jerky. Would you guys advise shortening it (I'm a size 40), asking for a trimmer fit, etc. etc.? I'm fairly sold on August-style cuffs.

I'm thinning the herd- the LHB, the SB and the Stockman are now in the classifieds as I'm off to warmer climes.

Jejupe

Practically Family
I'm pulling the trigger on one in seal brown jerky. Would you guys advise shortening it (I'm a size 40), asking for a trimmer fit, etc. etc.? I'm fairly sold on August-style cuffs.

I'm thinning the herd- the LHB, the SB and the Stockman are now in the classifieds as I'm off to warmer climes.

Teamster runs large. I am size 48 - 50 and I wear size 46 Teamster for a trim fit. Also, I would advice to have the jacket's length to be pretty much exactly to your hips. In my opinion that's the best length for this jacket pattern. Trying to wear it longer (Or shorter!) wouldn't look as good IMO. Just my 0,02 €.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Yeh, I am a 40" chest and I sized down in the Teamster too and there still was plenty of room to put on a thick sweater. The 38 of mine had 23" PTP.

Standard length is good as it is. Cuffs is very much matter of personal preference. No reason not to go with August cuffs.

Get two inside pockets. The outer pockets are nice handwarmer pockets but depth and angle make them unsuitable to safely secure cellphone, wallet, etc.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I ordered my size 42 Teamster in brown FQHH with moleskin body shell lining for warmth/durability and cotton sateen sleeve lining. Went with leather lined cuffs which is standard. I wear a size 42 1930's HB and 42 Sheene with 2" added to the circumference of the waist. I think the standard length for mine was supposed to be 30.5" but specified mine to be 28.5". As a point of reference I am just under 6'2" with somewhat short torso in relation to my height (high waisted, long arms and legs).

I am able to layer underneath with a filson vest without looking like the Michelin Man and use this jacket as my cold / foul weather jacket. In my case I wouldn't have been served well by sizing down to a 40. Maybe a size 40 would have worked if I had ordered a Teamster in mid-weight horsehide and lined throughout with cotton drill witout layering underneath? I did order one vertical inside pocket without closure.
2013-04-27 12.06.24.jpg 2013-04-27 12.06.37.jpg 2013-04-14 11.07.21.jpg 8C3383BF-A0AD-4590-BF5A-6C60125D7A0A-1167-000002B4D0395E10.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had a 40 Teamster, I love the pattern/style but it was MASSIVE on me so I ended up selling. Definitely size down. Measurements below
Pit to pit 23
Shoulder 19
Waist (fully cinched) 20

I went slightly longer than standard from memory at 29 (at 5"11) so I sat on it when sitting down and would do so again.

image.png

zebedee

One Too Many
I'm about 5"8 (I think- gotta check) and was thinking 28 inches back length, size down, no bi-swing.

Incidentally, how does the bi-swing work? Is it just through pleating?

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes the bi swing is just through pleating. I like it for the aesthetics but as it’s fairly roomy fit to begin with, not sure it’s needed for actual freedom of movement.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yes the bi swing is just through pleating. I like it for the aesthetics but as it’s fairly roomy fit to begin with, not sure it’s needed for actual freedom of movement.
I think the bi-swing helps with freedom of movement and IMO is part of the overall look of the Teamster. PN you are right: Your Teamster does fit you BIG, maybe partly because your Teamster is much longer than mine. I think the additional body length adds to the bigness too. I think if I had gone with a 32" to 33" back length I would have looked like a human corny dog in my Teamster. :eek:

Maybe @Dav will see this thread and comment as I really like the way his Teamster drapes and looks. He had a Storse earlier and got a free replacement. As I recall he requested an additional inch or two with his remake.

Dav

One Too Many
Yes I went a bit longer, 30 if I recall, I also left the bi-swing back off. I took a 42, my chest size, which has left me plenty of movement, although I probably could have gone with a 40 no problem.
Check out my recent post in the what jacket are you wearing today thread, I'm on my tablet at the moment so can't share a pic here as they're on the laptop.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yes I went a bit longer, 30 if I recall, I also left the bi-swing back off. I took a 42, my chest size, which has left me plenty of movement, although I probably could have gone with a 40 no problem.
Check out my recent post in the what jacket are you wearing today thread, I'm on my tablet at the moment so can't share a pic here as they're on the laptop.
ResizerImage1600X2400.jpg

This picture is IMO the gold standard of how a Teamster should look and fit. Well done @Dav

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana