Technical features, you can really do without?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Trenchfriend, Feb 25, 2018.

1. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

With my wife it's the opposite. 'No a/c, no me.'

My car generates plenty of heat, but I tore the whole system out, from the knob to the the heater boxes, and rebuilt/replaced/refurbished them - cables, linkages, and hinges and flaps in the boxes.

But she just doesn't like the shall we call it 'compact' dimensions of the car and the feeling of being in a sardine can. Me, I love it.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

I drive mine all the time . . . until it snows. Then he goes to sleep in the garage, usually about 3 months, until the season is over.

The biggest problem we have around here is the HCL-like solution they put on the roads to melt the snow and ice. It eats up unprotected metal like nobody's business.

3. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I had a Beetle with the gas heater in it.....I feared it would leak and blow us all up so I disconnected it. If I had more courage I might still have it as the family car....my wife would be happy as it produced a ton of heat.

Zombie_61 and Trenchfriend like this.