Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Telechron clock repair

3fingers

One Too Many
I recently purchased a Telechron Pharaoh clock on ebay. As it turns out, it is good that I didn't pay much for it, as the description and the actual condition are far apart. In any case, I would like to repair it since it runs well and very quietly and I enjoy making old things usable again. The knob to set the time has come loose from the gear and the shaft pulls out of the clock. I have reassembled the shaft with the parts I found inside the case, but I believe I am still missing something. My question is this. Has anyone ever come across exploded views of these clocks so that I may see what I am missing? I think I can deal with the loose gear, but I need to see if there are any missing components. My google searches came up with rotor/motor repairs and some photos of movements, but none showed the view I needed.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I have that same clock, and as far as I can remember, the gear was the only part actually fixed to the end of the shaft. But the time-set assembly also passes thru the reset-indicator mechanism, which is that electromagnetic red-spot flapper that drops into the round window on the dial to let you know there's been a power failure. When you pull on the time-set shaft that assembly should rise back up and engage the electromagnet. I worked on mine a long time ago, but if I'm remembering correctly it was kind of fiddly to get it all back together the right way. If you have it right, you should feel a bit of tension when you try to pull the time shaft out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko