Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TFL- before and afters

I recently discovered this photo of myself 1 month before I joined TFL:
D4C8E689-E7F1-4125-9CE2-16F450C0B3A0.jpeg

I look pretty happy in my North Face and Old Navy dad jeans...
Fast forward 8 years, countless hours on the internet, and thousands of dollars spent in pursuit of my “Grail” jacket...
C7CC1570-27C9-41AB-8AFD-8C5468A6E85B.jpeg

Anyone else have fun before and after shots to share? :)

I may even post some “evolution” shots. You guys?

Last edited:

powersci

One of the Regulars
So I couldn't find any pictures of me from 10 years ago. I can tell you I was a typical Chicagoan: North Face jackets, lol.

Instead, here's the best-of from the last few years. It started in 2014 with a B-6 from Aero (sold)..then a D-1 (sold)...then a B-3...then another B-6...then another B-3...then an ANJ-4...all sprinkled with some non-Aero jackets. And yes, again, I know I have a problem with buying too many shearling jackets.

0G5efCZl.jpg

G0P9HDYl.jpg

04IN2Snl.png

lQO8ULfl.jpg

pK5O8gSl.jpg

MXsVPQ3l.jpg

LTSNVphl.jpg

Another interesting idea is how TFL changed your views on items not necessarily made from leather. Pre TFL I would have never considered denim, wool, beach cloth, etc to be worthy a premium price. Leather always felt “worth it”. Now I find the boundary for other materials has slipped significantly into “leather only” price justification.

Another interesting idea is how TFL changed your views on items not necessarily made from leather. Pre TFL I would have never considered denim, wool, beach cloth, etc to be worthy a premium price. Leather always felt “worth it”. Now I find the boundary for other materials has slipped significantly into “leather only” price justification.
Yeah, the whole Gustin hoohah / selvedge thing got me all wrapped up in it for awhile.

Giving it some thought...What’s most interesting to me is how I’ve actually come (somewhat) full circle, specifically with cross zips. I went from Vanson>Aero>many Aero>LW>4 LW>back to Aero>many Aero>Vanson. Some Bates and others sprinkled in along the way. But full stop back at Vanson. The things I thought I was “improving” upon eventually became the things I missed most in the humble Vanson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points