Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thailand High Waist

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Combining the thoughts in two other threads, one in which posters spoke of the decent quality shirts, and suits, they had ordered from vendors such as mypersonaltailor.com. The other was the link to New York Public Library images of suits from 1942. ( http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/dgkeysearchresult.cfm?parent_id=451426&word= )
At the custom shop, they offer to make a suit from an image that you send.
One poster mentioned the possibility of ordering high-waisted pants.

I wonder if anyone here has tried this? I'm tempted to send an image from the NYPL collection and seeing what they come up with. They would basically be making a suit with high-waist pants, a very long rise, baggy legs, and a more form fitting suit coat with wider lapels. Seems doable. Has anyone else cooked up this scheme?

Mycroft

One Too Many
That is amazing, I have never heard of that type of buissness. I mean the idea applies to dressmakers before mass-production, but suits, man, thats cool. Do you know their prices and quality?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana