Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks for the shoes!

Lgrant

New in Town
I have recently started buying Allen Edmonds shoes. My first pair of business shoes was a pair of AE long-wing wingtips that my dad got me when I was 18. After years of working in a business casual, or even just casual (some of my co-workers wear flip-flops to work) office, I decided to start wearing good shoes again, and have bought three pairs of new AE shoes (two McNeil, one Mayfair).

There are several more styles of AE shoes that I need (Broadstreet in B/W and walnut/calf, Boca Raton in black, and a few more), and at over $300 each, I have to pace myself more than I like to. That's where you guys come in. It had never occurred to me to look for shoes on eBay until I read some of the posts about the great shoes and hats that folks had found on eBay.

So I gave it a try, and got a wonderful pair of AE Lloyds (which they don't make anymore, but look to me just like the McAllisters) for about $80. They look like they haven't been worn more then two or three times; the soles are hardly scuffed.

I am very happy. This is going to let me expand my AE collection a lot faster than I thought.

Thanks,

Lynn

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Lynn,

I've recently splurged on two pairs of AE shoes as well, a loafer -- the "Flagstaff," I think? -- and the lace-up "Wilbert." Already I've gotten compliments on the latter. EBay should be a good resource, though maybe you should make sure the seller has a return policy in case they don't fit. (Recently I bought a pair of men's black roper boots in my size -- the size was printed on the inside -- and yet I couldn't get my feet into 'em! With no return policy, I'd have been out some cash.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points