Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks to the Fedora Lounge!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I noticed a few days ago, that I was coming up on my 1000th FL post. I thought that was kind of a landmark so I thought I would make it something other than just another comment or hat photo.

To that end, I want to use it to thank MK (the Big Guy), the bartenders who keep this place well serviced and cleaned up, and most of all, all those Loungers who take the time to post and comment on this forum. It has been a great continuing education for me on the topic of hats, both seeing the different styles, models, and construction, as well as learning more about the manufacturing process and the companies of old.

A special thanks goes out to Indycop and Carter, who gave me advice on how to post my first photos, to Harp Player Gene, JTL, BobC, RBH, GTDean, Goose, and Handlebar Bart, all of whom encouraged, educated, and enlightened me by their comments on what makes hats look good to the wearer and the viewer and none of whom laughed at my lifelong (and still current) penchant for western creased Stetson Open Roads.

I'm looking forward to another 1000 posts of leisure and enlightenment. Hats are great and so are you all!!! Thanks!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Jan06009.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Congrats on hitting a grand. You sure won't catch me laughing at western style hats. They were my first love in hats. Now, and thanks in large part to this forum, I've got a variety of hat styles I enjoy.

You summed it up well, Pal' - this place and its people are great.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Nice sentiments, Mr. P.

Incidentally, you'd have to have a death wish to tell a guy from Texas named Paladin that he couldn't wear his OR with a cattleman's crease! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Cheers,
JtL

indycop

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
Cattleman crease & Ropers, who needs to educate you about what looks good? Congrats. I'm getting close to 2 grand myself, must be having to stand my own with Rusty & IndyCop John!!!!
:p :p :p :p :D lol lol

Now we just gotta get Mr.P to the next get together!

Mr. Paladin

IC, I would love to be able to do that.

jamespowers; in order: 1) No; 2) I should live so long! 3) I have no excuse, sir.

JTL--lol lol lol

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Mr Paladin, thank you......you went and did it again with that picture. Great post and I also have to say thank you to all of you for making the Fedora Lounge so much fun......but especially the hat area. It amazes me how we have so many from different parts of the globe, from all different walks of life and somehow it works so well.. I appreciate all of you. Thanks

CRH

Call Me a Cab
To Mr. Paladin :cheers1:

And buy the way, that tree behind you looks like a good place to sit and call critters out of that waterway behind you ;).

BobC

:cheers1: Cheers, Mr. Paladin, and congratulations on your thousandth post. Here's to your next thousand and your next and your next.....I'm flattered that you include me among such hat afficionados, and I don't feel that I belong amongst this band of hat connoisseurs and historians. Nonetheless, it is my pleasure to be here as well learning and enjoying. I'll be looking forward to the day when I can shake your hand and sit with you in our cattleman creased Open Roads amongst our friends here, smoke a cigar together and sip a glass of good scotch.

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
Let me add to the chorus of congratulations Mr. P. and also thank you for the many, many insightful and/or entertaining posts. You set the bar pretty high for the rest of us.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I saw a documentary a few days ago on the history channel about Dillinger and some others. There were a ton of fedoras in the old videos and most were cattleman creased. Not the machine perfect type of today but clearly a cattleman crease. And they were not large brimmed western style, they were definitely fedoras, front brims down and all.

Goose.

Practically Family
BobC said:
:cheers1: Cheers, Mr. Paladin, and congratulations on your thousandth post. Here's to your next thousand and your next and your next.....I'm flattered that you include me among such hat afficionados, and I don't feel that I belong amongst this band of hat connoisseurs and historians. Nonetheless, it is my pleasure to be here as well learning and enjoying. I'll be looking forward to the day when I can shake your hand and sit with you in our cattleman creased Open Roads amongst our friends here, smoke a cigar together and sip a glass of good scotch.
Agree with all that have posted about you being the man that you are Mr. Paladin. And, like BobC, I am flattered to be mentioned with the others and BobC himself. I cannot recall any post of value that I have typed but I can't count the many that I have read from others.

And, thanks to you for all your wonderful post and pictures that convinced me that a Homburg is simply too cool for school :cool:

Thank you for being quite the gentleman.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I must add my congrats at hitting 1K also Mr. P.! I've enjoyed being here on FL and learning so much too as you have, and especially having fun getting to hang out with all of the fine and charming gentlemen on the Hat threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider