Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Allen Edmonds Strawfut

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
For those unfamiliar with the shoe, it's a classic wingtip with fabric uppers - nylon weave, I think - that Allen Edmonds used to offer for summer wear.
Our own Matt Deckard had a pair recently recrafted, and both he and the Allen Edmond CEO mentioned them in their blogs.

Well, today at another forum, the CEO said the following -

"Keep the feedback coming! Spring 2011 development starts this week with our kick-off meeting.... Strawfut anyone?

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Paul"

Since that is worded in the form a question, I think it would be cool if Allen Edmonds was flooded with requests just to strengthen their resolve.
...and hey, if you wanna have them bring back the Broadstreet spectator, (can you imagine it in Brandy/Bone as well as Black/White?) now would be the time.

P.S. Here's a link to the CEO blog, the Strawfut is at the bottom of the page.
http://allenedmondsblog.blogspot.com/

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"I don't know what brand these are, as the only identifying mark is "Peter Bibbo fine shoe repairs, Chagrin Falls Ohio CH 7 -6739" which is very faint just able to read"

4315633208_423b592936_m.jpg

4314877113_fde27159b1_m.jpg

"They do keep your feet cool as one "Australian lounger explained they act as a pair of bellows sucking in cool air"

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Spatterdash said:
...and hey, if you wanna have them bring back the Broadstreet spectator, (can you imagine it in Brandy/Bone as well as Black/White?) now would be the time.
Aren't those available through their MTO program or am I misremembering.

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Tomasso,

They may be, as a number of their discountinued styles are.

The idea would be for the Broadstreet to be available as a standard retail item, and not a high-dollar custom order.

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Matt Deckard said:
The Broadstreet isn't available for special order. You can order any of their current styles as two tones with your pick of leather, yet old styles can't be special ordered about a season after they were around.

This clarification is much appreciated.

Thanks, Matt. :D

Valhson

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Nice!
If AE brings these back into production I am in for at least two pair.

Here Here!

I wear linen suits and the like in the summer months. A couple pair of these would be just fantastic!

I have been drooling over Matt's pictures of the recrafting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto