Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Andrews Brothers

Lenore

Practically Family
This musical opened this week here in Houston and I was wondering if anyone on the boards has managed to see it.

For those who haven't heard about it, here is the story:
"Act one opens at an afternoon rehearsal for a USO show in the South Pacific. Max, Lawrence and Patrick Andrews are rehearsing with pin-up girl Peggy Jones for the big show that night. What Peggy doesn't know is that the brothers are really just the stagehands for the show – her back-up singers didn't arrive in time, and the boys were recruited by the Major in charge to fill in where needed. Peggy soon discovers their true jobs (the 4F ailments that kept them out of the Army bubble to the surface as they rehearse), but she's convinced they'll do a fine job nonetheless. Of course, Peggy falling in love with sweet and stammering Patrick doesn't hurt their case either. Just as they assume all will work out well, a radiogram arrives with the news that the headliners for tonight's show, The Andrews Sisters, have been held in quarantine in Hawaii. The show must be cancelled. Unless, of course, there's a way for the Andrews Sisters to appear...

Act two opens with Peggy finishing her onstage set at that evening's show. She introduces The Andrews – and our three brothers must now pull off the performance of a lifetime as they become Maxene, Patty & LaVerne Andrews. Peggy joins them throughout their set as the brothers perform the greatest hits of one of the finest singing groups of all time.

Mistaken identities and madcap adventures (imagine Bing Crosby & Bob Hope in a road movie of 'Some Like It Hot') along with the music of an entire generation highlight this wonderful valentine to the heroes of World War II."

Note To Bartenders: I wasn't exactly sure where to put this thread as it is not a moving picture, a radio show, or an event. Please feel free to move it where you feel it might be better suited.

DerMann

Practically Family
Actually, I was there opening night.

Great show, absolutely magnificent performance by the actors - they had so much energy.

I was the only one there who was wearing a fedora, so you may have seen me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany