Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The best face powder in the world!

Katue

Familiar Face
Ladies, I have another question for you! what is your favourite face powder? And what powder do you use when you don't put a foundation or base on your face? Let's share our experiences in the powder world!

The reason I ask is because I'm running out of my powder and I have to decide which one to purchase.

Here is my story: Over the years I tried different powders and nothing seemed to work for me. All powders were too visible on my skin eveb if I put only a small ammount of it. I try not to use any bases or foundations because I believe they cause premature aging and I already have quite too many wrinkles for my age. I also have very dry skin but it breaks out easily if the prodsucts I use are even a little bit oily.

Two years ago I purchased this magnificent Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder in Light and it turned out to be the only powder that didn't look if I put tonns of powder on my face (even if I put a lot of it). I really love it, but it doesn't does not provide a lot of coverage and I have to use a consealer when I have some imperfections.

I've read some good reviews on Jane Iredale pressed powder and loose mineral foundation. Have you trie them? Do you think I should try one of them or stick to my Estee Lauder powder? Will they be too heavy for my skin? Or may be you will recommend something else for me? I need HELP ladies!

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
If you like Lauder's powders but want only a little bit more coverage, have them try the DW Mineral powder on you. If you use a fluffy brush, you'll get light coverage.
I personally like Besame powder over my complexion products when I want more coverage, or with just concealer if I want lighter coverage. For loose powder I like the older formula of Guerlain Meteorites (the new one breaks me out).

lframe

One of the Regulars
I use a powder as well. Benefits Hello Flawless. You can put on with the brush for a sheerer effect or with the sponge for more coverage.

I don't use a liquid because I flush and the powder hides it.

Juliet

A-List Customer
Katiesparkles, oh, I can commiserate! I've been recently informed that I can no longer order Yardley of London EDT from the UK, because aerosols are not shipped to the continent anymore, safety measures being what they are.
I'm pretty nervous about the Art Deco Dita collection, afraid it won't be available here in Nowhere Land because of low sales :( But I plan to get it ALL.

What I forgot to add about powders - I recently started to apply a bit of dusting powder over my tinted moisturiser. I've seen people recommend this, so I gave it a go (despite some misgivings!), and am actually rather pleased with the results. In fact, between this and the daily cold cream cleansing my pores look their best as of yet, and it really contributes to the vintage look.
One thing - it has to be a really fine dusting powder :)

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
i know it sounds funny but i love to make my face powder out of rice powder, white kaolin clay, and eggshell powder. it give me flawless coverage and i don't have to worry about whats in it. And it very sheer so i don't look like a barbie haha ;)

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
I love Coty Airspun translucent also...I emptied mine into a small, vintage, glass powder container and brush it on :)

Renee

Familiar Face
I use both the Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base in Bisque, and the Estee Lauder Lucidity loose powder.

The EL powder is what I use for everyday wear. I usually apply a little concealer under my eyes (dark circles) before applying. I use the puff to apply, then brush off excess with my brush. I love this powder, and think it is wonderful.

Occasionally, for special occasions or if I am traveling (because it's less messy), I use the Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base. I apply it with a brush. It looks very natural, but definitely provides more of a "foundation" coverage than the EL powder.

Either one of these powders is a winner!

JennieWren

Familiar Face
I have freckles. Many, many freckles. If I wear foundation I look ridiculous, because then my freckles start at my neck! Unless I want to paint on every inch of exposed skin, I cannot wear foundation. I use Alima Pure satin finishing powder which takes the shine away and evens out my colour without obliterating my freckles. I am also quite pale but with very yellow undertones to my skin, and have found that conventional powders are either not pale enough or are too pink. Alima Pure makes the palest powders I have ever seen!

beth

Familiar Face
I use the Jane Iredale powder. I like it a lot. My face doesn't feel gross and I like knowing what I am putting on my face isn't filled with harmful chemicals.

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
I'm using Chanel at the moment, but I won't be buying it again. I do find it lovely and fine, but it is so expensive! I just can't justify it.

I normally use Natural Collection (from Boots) loose powder - it's only £1.99 a pot so won't break the bank. I decant into a pretty pink glass jar. I want to try E.L.F HD powder as I have been hankering after the MAC version for ages.... but again, don't much like the price!

DameWhoDrinks

Familiar Face
I use NYC cosmetics loose powder in my shade(4$ at walmart!!) for most of my looks( used it on everything from everyday makeup to powdering down greasepaint) and. It has great coverage...just a few daubs of concealed blended and powdered and its as if you've popped foundation all over.

Lily Powers

Practically Family

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
I use the pressed powder and have recently begun using the powdered sunscreen, which is surprisingly wonderful - it's sheer, imparts a wee bit of tint and is very natural looking. Jane Iredale is sold in salons and day spa type places around here, not in big stores. Here's a list of places near where you live that sell it. Check them out and see what you think.

thank you so much lily deary! :) i cant wait to give it a try! :) i always love new products! :) and the fact that its natural sounds great! :)

hmmm a powdered sunscreen? that sounds very interesting to me, i want to look into that myself :)

thank you again deary!! :)

oh and it was sooooo great chatting with you!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ