Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Big Combo through Prime colorized

LTDAVIS

New in Town
Found the film The Big Combo for free through my prime subscription but didn't watch as it was colorized. I always thought the black and white contrast helped define it. Is it still worth watching in color or should I just rent it from somewhere in black and white? Renting isn't cheap these days but I want to get the full effect.

Found the film The Big Combo for free through my prime subscription but didn't watch as it was colorized. I always thought the black and white contrast helped define it. Is it still worth watching in color or should I just rent it from somewhere in black and white? Renting isn't cheap these days but I want to get the full effect.

If you have cable, the TV channel "Movies!" which is one of those oddball ones that is tucked away in the high hundreds of station numbers has been running the B&W version of "The Big Combo" recently, so you might be able to find it there. "Movies!" runs a rotating series of noirs under its "Noir to Die For" label, so it's a good channel to keep an eye on. Hope this helps.

LTDAVIS

New in Town
If you have cable, the TV channel "Movies!" which is one of those oddball ones that is tucked away in the high hundreds of station numbers has been running the B&W version of "The Big Combo" recently, so you might be able to find it there. "Movies!" runs a rotating series of noirs under its "Noir to Die For" label, so it's a good channel to keep an eye on. Hope this helps.
I unfortunately do not ☹️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner