Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Big Sleeping Vintage Label

shamus

Suspended
"So, you've got a great suit?" said McGraddy, the police detective with the heavy finger that kept digging into my shoulder.

"Yeah, so what?" I threw back into his face with the nose just a bit too big for his ears.

"Well, I got a guy who's looking for a vintage suit and buddy... you got one or two hangin' right there in the closet!" Said his finger turning into a fist and finding me square across the jaw.

I pulled myself off the floor and lit a cigarette and blew smoke through my bleeding lips.

"Well why didn't you say so. Who's your friend?" I whispered.

"Shamus. He's looking for a suit and wants some help from all the guys who's got em' hanging in the closet." He said this time without the fist and only two fingers reaching for my cigarette.

He took a puff, and went on to tell me about how this Shamus guys looking for a great vintage suit and wants to see some vintage labels so he can identify some in thrift stores and other seedy places.

"Sure Pal." I said. "Get me my digital camera."

"Your what?" he asked. This time the fingers were turning into the fist again.

"Right." I said. "This is only 1940."

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
This is a great idea Shamus.....though being on the boards and picking up vintage for many years some tags may clicnch that purchase you are struggling with......

Ok, now we need to know the size you are looking for. I hope it is a fairly small size because big is tough in vintage---believe me I know. ;) It also helps out when you are looking because vintage sizes can be just a little different due to cut and style. Men's sizes have basically stayed the same though. Now women's vintage sizes...... :confused:
I will see if I remember to take a few pictures when I get home.

Regards to all,

J

Sorry for the long time getting back to this thread.
sure a 44 long would be fine. I could even use a few of those. :p
Here is a picture of the jacket lable of a Palm Beach suit. If you find one of these for a reasonable price in good condition---grab it. ;)

30spalmbeachsuit5.jpg

b7321.jpg

The second one comes from a Kuppenheimer overcoat I have from the 40s.

I have a few more at home to add when I get a chance.

Regards to all,

J

shamus

Suspended
thanks for the pics..

I've seen a few Palm ones... never my size.

I'll be out thrifting this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points