The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Dakota Ellison, Jan 25, 2004.

1. steur

steur

It's a great find, Adrian. They have been posted here before. I have a couple and Max has one as well. We've ony seen them coming from Peluso of Napoli.

Zombie_61, Steve1857 and Blare like this.
  2. steur

steur

For 60 euros that was a great investement, certainly at that size! Very nice hat. As the others have already pointed out it was made between 1954 and 1960 (roughly).

Zombie_61, Steve1857, DVNO and 2 others like this.
  3. Mean Eyed Matt

Mean Eyed Matt Practically Family

Thank you, Stefan, for your assessment!

Zombie_61, Blare and steur like this.
  4. Pkyoakum

Pkyoakum Familiar Face

in looking at vintage Borsalinos, is the Augusta and/or Trionfo lesser quality than the Qualita Superiore? Thanks

Zombie_61, steur and Blare like this.
  5. steur

steur

We don't see the Trionfo line hats that often, so they are a bit more rare, and the Augusta line are mostly the hats with special finishes like longhairs and velour hats. But neither are any better or worse quality than the Superiore or Extra Superiore hats.

Pkyoakum, Blare, Steve1857 and 2 others like this.
  6. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

Here we are with the new year and a recent discovery of 2022.
    M. Volga 2.jpg
    It has come out a new source of Borsalino here half a kilometer from my office, bequest of an old gentleman
    M. Volga 5.jpg Borsalino Qualità Extra Extra Superiore size 6 or 59 cm. and 7 3/8 in the USA.
    M. Volga etichetta carta.jpg
    The color and type of felt is called "M. Volga" and the type of hat band is written in pen (c. Joe 24), as you can see.
    M. Volga interno.jpg
    The hat is unlined and light enough with a very soft and malleable felt, made of furs+wool finished with heather colors and a medium furs
    M. Volga 4.jpg
    The gentleman used a lot the Borsalinos which are the core of his collection, all shaped like this one
    M. Volga 1.jpg The dimensions are: the brims, over-sewn, are 5.5 cm, the crown at its lowest point is 11 cm. and the trimming ribbon is 3 cm.
    M. Volga 3.jpg
    I bought the ones I liked the most, taking into account that all of them have had continuous use

steur, Blare, Pellie and 5 others like this.
  7. Daniele Tanto

The second and last Borsalino of the January 2022 series, I left the others to the heirs, not because they are not very interesting, but because I have too many.
    [​IMG] Borsalino Qualità Extra Extra Superiore size 5 1/2 or 58 cm. and 7 1/4 in the USA.
    [​IMG]
    The color and type of felt are called "Opale" and the hatband is "Nera" the type of hat is Dol_osan, I can't read the fourth syllable.
    [​IMG] The hat is lined and light enough to be super malleable.
    [​IMG]
    The shape is the original one after the hat has been "restored" from too many folds given by an inaccurate storage
    [​IMG]
    The dimensions are: the brims, over-sewn are 6 cm, the crown at its lowest point is 10 cm. and the ribbon is 4cm. pleated
    [​IMG]
    This felt is also special, finished with a short fur, continuous color and beautiful touch and malleability.
    The hats were all bought in the same shop in Verona that I vaguely remember

mayserwegener, steur, Blare and 8 others like this.
  8. Pellie

Pellie Practically Family

9. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

A real beauty Daniele

10. steur

steur

That is a beautiful longhair heather felt, Daniele. Really like the look of it. I might be coming down with a fever, because I even like this ribbon on this one.:)

Blare and Zombie_61 like this.
  11. Daniele Tanto

Stefan I agree with you and it is one of my favourite "new" chapter in Borsalino models.

12. steur

steur

Another beautiful longhair, Daniele. Classic look, but with that little extra because of the longhair finish and shark gill bow. I tried to enhance the picture somewhat to see what the name would be. Averla etichetta carta2.jpg

Seems to say "Dolnosan 38", but I have some doubts. Could be a typing error was made they tried to correct. We know of a model called "Dolfosan", so maybe that is what was intended. Perhaps not the best typist they had: notice that it seems to say "Opali" for the colour instead of the usual "Opale".

13. Pkyoakum

Pkyoakum Familiar Face

Anyone know anything about a Centurion Borsalino? I have never heard of it. Here are the photos. centurion.jpg centurion2il_1588xN.3602511542_6qdn.jpg

Blare likes this.