Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Bridges at Toko Ri

Chamorro

A-List Customer
This section was looking a little lonely so I figured I'd post (or repost for Rundquist) some pics about my favorite jacket by Flightsuits.
P1010001-vi.jpg

P1010002-vi.jpg

P1010003-vi.jpg

P1010005-vi.jpg

P1010001-vi.jpg

P1010002-vi.jpg

Michaelson

One Too Many
For anyone interested, and haven't seen this movie, American Movie Classics has started showing the film this month, as recently as yesterday (October 1st) Regards. Michaelson

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hey Harry, I love your photos!

Just had to say how much I really enjoyed your photos of your G-1, all decked out in the Bridges of Toko-Ri insignia. Plus the backdrop pics are just great. I think it's fantastic when guys like you go the extra mile in your enjoyment of vintage styled jackets. Nice one, and thanks for sharing. Now, where's the pics of Grace Kelly I was waiting for?..!!

amigoescondido

New in Town
For Chamorro RE: Toko Ri Jacket

I am a new member here and it looks like a great forum. I joined specifically because I saw your Jacket. May I ask who you dealt with at Flight Suits regarding your Brubaker "Bridges at Toko Ri" jacket? I am trying to order one just like it without patches, but with aged Mouton collar and am being told they will not do customizations anymore. I am shocked. That has been a big attraction to the company for me in the past, their willingness to make you whatever you wanted, anyway you wanted it. Appreciate it if you could let me know.
Amigoescondido

Chamorro

A-List Customer
I'm afraid you're out of luck on that one son. Even I, who has spent considerable money there and have been a long time customer, get turned down for custom work. They now only do what is in their catalog, no variations or custom work. They won't even sew their own patches on their own jackets unless it is ordered from scratch. I don't think they do the Toko Ri jacket anymore since it is not in their catalog.

This sad change in business philosophy happened when "Junoir" took over the company from his dad. All they care about now is filling their big airline orders and such. Screw the little guy who has been a loyal customer for years. I hope they will live to regret it when their big orders dry up and then they have no customers left to turn to because they pissed off their core.

As it stands, it will take 8 weeks or more to get a jacket made from their catalog offerings now.

My advice, buy from Aero and switch your loyalties. I have. Far more superior company as far as customer service goes. Quality is on the same level and even surpasses Flight Suits for the most part. More selection. More choices and styles. You get your jacket fast and the way you want it. Only drawback is the price with the decline of the dollar against the pound.

Buy the patches from FS and have Aero sew it on one of their jackets if you want one of these now.

BTW, that's an Aero 1930's Slim Fitting Halfbelt in heavy goatskin I'm wearing in my avatar.

amigoescondido

New in Town
For Chamorro: Details of the jacket

Could you give me the details of your Toko Ri jacket? I am interested in whether it has ribbed cuffs and waistband and if the color is the dark brown seal or the lighter one. It looks like the dark brown color. Details would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Amigoescondido

Michaelson

One Too Many
Chamorro said:
I'm afraid you're out of luck on that one son. Even I, who has spent considerable money there and have been a long time customer, get turned down for custom work. They now only do what is in their catalog, no variations or custom work. They won't even sew their own patches on their own jackets unless it is ordered from scratch. I don't think they do the Toko Ri jacket anymore since it is not in their catalog.

This sad change in business philosophy happened when "Junoir" took over the company from his dad. All they care about now is filling their big airline orders and such. Screw the little guy who has been a loyal customer for years. I hope they will live to regret it when their big orders dry up and then they have no customers left to turn to because they pissed off their core.

As it stands, it will take 8 weeks or more to get a jacket made from their catalog offerings now.

My advice, buy from Aero and switch your loyalties. I have. Far more superior company as far as customer service goes. Quality is on the same level and even surpasses Flight Suits for the most part. More selection. More choices and styles. You get your jacket fast and the way you want it. Only drawback is the price with the decline of the dollar against the pound.

Buy the patches from FS and have Aero sew it on one of their jackets if you want one of these now.

BTW, that's an Aero 1930's Slim Fitting Halfbelt in heavy goatskin I'm wearing in my avatar.

Paul, have things really gone that far south at FS now?! :eek: High regards! Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
Boy, you KNOW things are bad when they tick off a customer like you. Noted, and I'll pass the word if I'm asked. Thanks! Regards. Michaelson

kojax

Practically Family
is your flight sutie jacket the navy m-22a or the navy g-1 i would think goatskin...........thank you kojax

Dracorex

Familiar Face
This section was looking a little lonely so I figured I'd post (or repost for Rundquist) some pics about my favorite jacket by Flightsuits.
P1010001-vi.jpg

P1010002-vi.jpg

P1010003-vi.jpg

P1010005-vi.jpg

P1010001-vi.jpg

P1010002-vi.jpg
I was wondering what happened to your pictures? I have this thread bookmarked and the pictures have been here for years. I went to look at them today and they were gone! I was wondering if you could re-post them. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112