The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon

Discussion in 'Hats' started by RBH, Oct 22, 2006.

1. RBH

RBH Bartender

I love the looks of this one!

deadlyhandsome and T Jones like this.
  2. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

Thank you, Rusty. That's my daughter's favorite one, too...and it's the one that I've been wearing the most, lately.

RBH and deadlyhandsome like this.
  3. This Is my second Brent, and my first thin ribbon Brent. It’s a “Down Finish XXX Beaver.” It came with a detached liner that’s in well-used condition, and the sweatband is so dry rotted that I don’t dare try to reattach it anyway. The brim is 2 1/2 inches.

Another big thanks to John @moehawk for pointing this hat out to me. You’re the best, John!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hatsRme, BobHufford, T Jones and 11 others like this.
  4. moehawk

moehawk I'll Lock Up

Bummer about the sweatband. The outside looks good!

Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  5. I’m not concerned about the sweatband. I’ll wear it until it falls apart and then replace it. Hats in my size are gems in most any condition.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zombie_61 likes this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives A-List Customer

I love this thread...You cats over here on the thin ribbon side of the pool, are always having too much fun!!

I respectably submit this evidence for admission to the Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon...

I admit, there is nothing Western about this hat....But it is most certainly a Thin Ribbon!!

And this hat has been with me thru thick and thin...rain, sleet and snow...I've worn it skiing, mountain hiking in the pouring rain, aswell as played Jazz Concerts were same hat after it dried, };^)) I grown to feel very close to this one! And I feel it deserves to make the hang over here where the goodtimes are. [emoji106]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  7. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

Another nice one, Brent. You are finding some rare ones these days. Congrats.

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  8. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

Adding my Borsalino thin ribbon conversion to this gallery of fine looking lids. Well done gents! Gotta love the thin ribbons!

[​IMG]

hatsRme, Boomerang, Rockwater and 4 others like this.
  9. Rmccamey and georgie girl like this.
  10. georgie girl

georgie girl One of the Regulars

11. georgie girl

georgie girl One of the Regulars

I thought this thread needed a bump, so I’m adding my early 1940’s Dobbs jolly rounder to the mix. At the moment I’m still working on re-stitching some of the sweatband, which I’ve discovered is a horrid task.[​IMG][​IMG]

M Hatman and Rockwater like this.
  12. Uhh, okay. Akubra Campdrafts. From left to right, Bluegrass Green, Taupe Fawn, and Silverbelly.

[​IMG]

hatsRme, M Hatman, T Jones and 3 others like this.
  13. T Jones

T Jones I'll Lock Up

This is a conversion that I started a while back. It started out as a size 7 late '50s - early '60s 3X Stetson Western with the Last Drop embroidered liner. The thin ribbon came off of a trashed OR clone and I finally found a donor hat for the brim binding. I just need to sew it on....

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    georgie girl, hatsRme, steur and 7 others like this.
  14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives A-List Customer

Ohh, I never gave any info on this hat itself. It's a 5 year old Lock & Co. Sandown Trilby. I think it gives proof to me anyway, that all trilbys are not created equal!