Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Capsule Wardrobe / Minimalism

Sonero

Practically Family
Not trying to get too heady here but planning a move soon due to rising rents......just looking at the amount of stuff I have to move was stifling not to mention the rates some movers are wanting to charge ....SO I decided to do what I have been wanting to do for a very long time. PURGE PURGE PURGE....

I spent a week getting rid of crap. Maybe two trips a day to the local recycle facility for a week straight. I was exhausted since it was all by hand no car.

The REWARD is I get to build a SMALL capsule wardrobe of just high quality pieces. ie. two pairs of jeans....one blue one black...two pairs khaki chinos......5 polo shirts...etc .etc. Essentials. ALL items can be switched out for high end like IronHeart Dehen 1920 items. I feel much more satisfied with this arrangement and less stress to deal with numerous items. I love to shop though so it takes discipline but seeing everything fit into just a few bags is so soothing.....

The trick is to be able to fix these items just the same for longevity purposes.

Do any of you own a capsule wardrobe or have considered one for various reasons ?

Last edited:
I’ve been watching Tiny House Nation and wondering how people condense their whole wardrobe into one box. Congratulations, I’d love to do that...but I get obsessed on things, and erratically purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points