Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Car she is mine!

Wild Root

Gone Home
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! YOU STOLE THAT CAR! Man! $4000.00 for a 1936 Ford? Never in a million years over here in California! If I found the same car in the same condition, it would be like way more then that! And if it sold, it would be hot rodded like all the others.

Try and keep this thing as stock as possible! You will see that it would be more valuable in the years to come. Stock cars are drying up my friend.

Root.

PS. Is this the Apple green you don’t care for?

up196

A-List Customer
VERY NICE . . .

Congratulations! I always liked the looks of those new-fangled built-in trunks. Looks like you've got a winner . . . Tom

Wild Root

Gone Home
I live in San Diego, California. I'll be flying out to Ohio to visit Bogie1943 then tow this back.

That's cool! Well, say hi to Bogie and tell him that he needs move down here! Also, you're welcome to come up to the Pasadena area and maybe hit some vintage shops any time! Although, you do have some really good ones down there.;)

Root.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Just out of curiousity, where are the GOOD vintage stores in LA? I lived there for about a year and a half, but all I found that I really liked was Golyester. I'm in San Diego as well, and the BEST vintage stores I know down here are Wear it Again Sam and Dick Jane and Spike (but not much pre- 50's men's). If anyone knows any more I would love to hear.

And yes, a hearty congratulations again on the car, Daniel. I will hold you to taking me for many rides, in period garb, of course. Just don't be surprised if you wake up one morning and find it is missing with me and I am flying down the highways to mexico. :p

Lauren

Wild Root

Gone Home
where are the GOOD vintage stores in LA?

LOL that's something I would like to know too! No, seriously there are a few that one could find them selves finding some good stuff. In Studio City, there is Iguana Vintage on Ventura Blvd. They seem to have some good stuff from time to time. They also have a new shop in Hollywood that I was told is good as well! Jet Rag can have some very cool stuff on the fly, but for the most part it really is depressing. I have found some stellar earlier men’s suits and ties there though. Not in my size though. Aaardvarks in Venice Beach is rather good! So is the Canoga Park store. Hollywood and Pasadena have slacked as of yet.

Wear it Again Sam is a really cool shop! I have been there once and was told that all the cool 30’s men’s were put away for a special sell to clear out some cheap stuff. That was like four years ago. There are some good shops but yes, earlier men’s stuff is not out there as much as it once was!

I am so happy that I didn’t start to collect vintage this year! I started in 1996 and I have a nice collection now. Still looking for that cream belted back suit! I’m not looking as hard as I once was ever since I just added the last candle to the vintage collecting cake. A vintage auto can take most of your time and money, but it’s worth every penny to finally have a car to match my fashions!

Regards,

Root.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
WildRoot,

You live in Pasadena? Good stuff. Chamorro is a good friend of mine, I see him a couple times a month. He lives in South Pasadena. We should get together some time and talk shop. As far as Bogie1943, he's flying out here for the summit then I'm flying back with him, then driving back hom (loooong trip) especially with the original V8...ugh!

Regards,

Dan

P.S. Iguana's has gone to the dogs. Last time I was there all they had were leisure suits from the 70's.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I live just about 10 minuets from Pasadena! I live in Monrovia which is just east of Pasadena. Next to Arcadia. Yeah, Iguana has it’s share of 70’s BS. They do have some cool AAF stuff on the wall and 30’s -40’s pants are always good. 30’s and 40’s School sweaters you can find there as well. Yeah, I never go there to find any suits. They just don’t get them. They have some cool overcoats some times.

Yeah, let me know when you come up next time and we can hang out and drive around in my vintage iron. There are some cool antique shops here that have some cool stuff. Also I’m friends with a guy that has a antique radio shop just a stone’s through from my house.

Regards,

Root.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
When I get the 36 here, and finish her, we should get both cars out on the road. Lauren and I will be up there for sure. We'll have our own summit. Fedora Lounge only ;-) haha

Regards,

Daniel Riser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran