Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Casual side of the 40's.

swinggal

One Too Many
Yes, and there are some of those knitted shirts for sale on ebay right now. A friend of mine bougt a few from this seller and they are wonderful.

3447a.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
hopebobbing9uw.jpg

Here's one of Bob and Bing! Bing like to dress down most of the time from what I understand. He loved to play off the man with the "Simple life" and that was an image that he formed in the early 40's.

Great photos Jitterbug!

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
4043a.jpg

4040a.jpg

4042a.jpg

These are known as cable knit shirts and were popular in the late 40's and into the 50's. These are boy's and men's shirts. The girls and women's were some what different. I know most guys here wouldn't ever wear these but, I sure do! Very comfortable and they have a nice look.

More to come,

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Speaking of Bing...

Here is a shirt only a few of you all know about. I have had this shirt for a wile and it's one of my favorites! Not to mention I love the shade of green it is!

Bing had his own label in the late 40's and I'm sure he sold a bit of shirts and sports wear. These are getting very rare and this is the only one I have seen. I paid peanuts to what it's really worth.

I'm a lucky guy seeing it even fits!

Root.

1151518img9du.jpg

1151519img9ii.jpg

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Now that's sharp--and my favorite shade of green! Nice find :)

Out here, I see quite a few guys sporting cable knit shirts; I also seem to sell a fair amount of them at the shop I work at. To me, they look neat and tidy, yet comfortable.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a bunch of those 40's knits myself. I even nabbed a couple of amazing repros from Spain! I wish I knew how to post pics..........
flat-top

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, that shirt is one of the favorites in the collection and I wear it once in a wile. Don't want to wear it out you know.

Any how, one can post photos by going to an image hosting site like imageshack.com. It's free and easy to upload photos from your PC and then copy the URL and paste it in the image box at the top of the page when you compose a post.

All the best,

Root.

swinggal

One Too Many
One causual look I love for the 40s is the pointed collar shirt worn over jacket lapels. Such a classy, classic look. These are stock pics so you have to go to the link.

BE076506.jpg

Dec 1944

Striped t-shirts were popular too.
BE085915.jpg

BE085945.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Swell photos there Swinggal! I like that pointed collar look too! Some people think 1970's when they see that but, not I! It's so late 30's and early 40's it's great!

Root.

swinggal

One Too Many
Here is shot of my Swiss friend Hugo in casual attire and his lady Diane. They are part of the 20s to 40s Style Syndicate. Hugo and I hung out all the time when he visited Perth. His brother lives here and he visited a few years back. All we did was vintage shop! We have been friends ever since.

DSC02365.jpg

Davos, Swiss Alps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR