Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2008)

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
I was actually coming on here to post about this. It seems to be a great cast, but... Keanu?? I'm trying not to be pre-judgmental here, but it ain't easy. However, fingers crossed and all. And if anyone out there is going to see Hancock, the trailer for this is supposed to be attached to it.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Hmm..

Well, this is my first time seeing the trailer. Thanks for posting it! "The Day The Earth Stood Still" is one of my favorite movies of all time. I was pretty excited to hear about a remake, but now I've got mixed feelings. I really don't have a problem with Keanu, it just looks like a completely different movie. It doesn't look like the plot will be much like the original. I did see a brief flash of Gort at the end though, so, we'll just have to see.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
I thought Reeves was being cast as Gort?

Would have been the perfect role for him. ;)

Gort.jpg

I don't know about the remake, guess we'll see when it's released. But it doesn't look like the movie I remember.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
This is the first I've heard of this one. Sort of irritating. The original is a classic, and shouldn't be touched.

Along the same lines, I feel the same way about the new remake of Journely to the Center of the Earth. That movie is a classic. I don't understand how they could remake it.

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Ok ok stop dissing Keanu... As a Canadian, i think he's not that bad.. I can actually think of worse.. We Canadians all stick together you know.. I first saw the ad for this movie at our local theatre.. They have a 50 foot tall poster up on the side of the building..
One of the reasons why i didn't watch the new War of the Worlds was because of who played the main character .. I'd rather see Keanu on the screen than that other guy...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Its pretty dry. For aliens, they sure didnt approach humans very well.

Id hate to think of the aftermath now that man kind has no type of saved energy at their disposal. *shutter*

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21