Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 'Douglas' contest

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Douglas' trademarked look is one of the best on here, right along side JTLs classicly cool low brimmed look.
So lets see those tribute photos. Some of you have already posted your 'Douglas' elsewhere and maybe the Man himself can pick his favorite:D
Here is my version to get it started.
adam004mz5.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
Here's my entry from today. Open Road Montana Peak.
3185032541_05894d7e1c.jpg

I'm sorry, Carter...but is that the hint of a smile on your face? :eek:

As you know, that would result in immediate disqualification from the contest. We are going to need a ruling from the judges to see whether that look can be attributed to squinting caused by the sun -- but, still, a very close call...:D

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
There's a serious lack of a particual kind of dapper here for any accurate portrayal of Douglas. For the winter look, we need tweed, a nice dark green or maroon based tie on a cream shirt, and multiple photos showing the ability to pull off a number of completely different looks. In short, more class.
(I won't try, I have none.)
Feraud comes to mind as the person with the best shot of really pulling this off, but I'm sure there are others.

Edit - Viperman: a jacket and tie would make you a front-runner.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The man is dapper to his toes. Not to mention svelte and suave. Without being too obviously so. There's the real artistry.
Me? Congenitally rumpled.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
As Lefty correctly points out, there is a fashion component, as well as a facial expression component -- and the judges will be taking both into consideration.

With regard to the facial expression component, here is how not to do it:

GreenBorso5.jpg

Note the beginning of a smile, the gleam in the eyes -- the relaxed expression full of the promise of summer...

PATHETIC!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

This kind of submission will only be met with deserved ridicule...

Cheers,
JtL

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
As Lefty correctly points out, there is a fashion component, as well as a facial expression component -- and the judges will be taking both into consideration.

With regard to the facial expression component, here is how not to do it:

GreenBorso5.jpg

Note the beginning of a smile, the gleam in the eyes -- a relaxed expression full of the promise of summer...

PATHETIC!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

This kind of submission will only be met with deserved ridicule...

Cheers,
JtL

Rest assured the JTL is the next contest:D

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
My Entry

This is my best Douglas

Mar01.jpg

Please not the "Plum colored Shirt with hand painted silk tie (Eggplant):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

PICT0017.jpg

And most important, no smile......:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
tinmanzz -- while it is true that your second photo does not contain a smile (nicely done), I'm afraid that it does reveal a technical flaw. The presence of both hands in your jacket pockets, coupled with the reflection in the window over your right shoulder, reveals that you are not utilizing the time-honored Douglas one-handed self-photo technique. I think the judges may feel that this lowers the degree of difficulty of your submission...:D

Cheers,
JtL

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
True, True

jimmy the lid said:
tinmanzz -- while it is true that your second photo does not contain a smile (nicely done), I'm afraid that it does reveal a technical flaw. The presence of both hands in your jacket pockets, coupled with the reflection in the window over your right shoulder, reveals that you are not utilizing the time-honored Douglas one-handed self-photo technique. I think the judges may feel that this lowers the degree of difficulty of your submission...:D

Cheers,
JtL

But I spent 5 hours "Color Coordinating" :eek: :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points