Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Evening Tipple...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I suspect that there's quite a few Loungers who enjoy something to oil the wheels in the evening. Much like the "what you had for dinner" thread I thought one for the evening tipple was warranted.

Tonight I enjoyed a Twisted Thistle Indian Pale Ale which did the job nicely, nice and refreshing and with a good bitterish taste. Just about to pop the top on another.

Right, what's your poison this evening...

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
you just might not believe it, but I just had a nice pint of...

10.jpg

Strange isn't it? With a name like mine ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
It'll be two fingers of Glenfiddich Malt Whiskey Liqueur over a rock as soon as I complete my sixth grade homework. :D

That would be just now.
;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Smithy said:
Good man Spitty, we have Spitfire on tap here, damn nice drop.
...yet another very good reason to go to Trondheim one of these days!:beer:

In some special bars in Copenhagen, you can get Spitfire on the tap too - but most of the time I'll have to settle for the bottled version. (Which is a damn good drop too!)

vonwotan

Practically Family
Due to overordering for a party and gifts received our recent evenings have begun with Champagne. :D Unfortunately, we are getting down to the last case and may need to think about a return wine, Manhattans or Sidecars.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Ecuador Jim said:
This weekend my choice was a "Dark and Stormy"; Scotch and ginger beer (NOT ginger ale)

I thought a "dark and stormy" was dark, spiced rum and ginger beer? In Bermuda, dark and stormy's with dark rum are like what a mojito is to Cuba, kind of like a national drink.

Which reminds me, I'm running out of all the good rum that I bought when I was in Bermuda... :(

griffer

Practically Family
Big Man said:
Whiskey. Straight.

Rum. Gay.

fddkSpiritsBy_NameAllMount_Gay_Refined_Eclipse_Barbados_Rum.gif

Sorry, tough guy, couldn't help the jokey-joke.

Me it's either beer and schnaps or sctoch, usually a black or a islay/peaty single.

Last night it was a bit of both....

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
I usually have a glass or two of wine with my dinner, and shortly after.
Last night a fine chianti put me in a mellow mood, and all was right with the world thereafter.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Ecuador Jim said:
Yes, the original concoction is made with rum. I just prefer scotch, but pay homage to the ginger beer by keeping the name. There is a bit more twang to it.

I did pay homage this year, to the rum gods of Puerto Rico though...geez, over 200 distilleries on the island! :eek:

Either way, it sounds good! :) I love ginger beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider