Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge guide to Sheeplined Coats

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
I hope this post is OK here amongst all the fine vintage coats Spencer has collected. This is a 2012 RRL that is obviously influenced if not a down right copy (something RRL is known to do) and differs mainly in that is denim (pre-distressed, something I wish RRL wouldn't do)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That was always the case. On earlier coats, the sleeves were lined with heavy blanket material, and on later ones, they generally had a quilted lining. Less bulky and still very warm.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
That Sears is really nice! I just realized something Dinerman, if I bought every jacket I have liked from your different threads, I would probably be living under a bridge! Well, at least I would be the warmest and the most stylish one under that bridge.;) Keep posting, I can at least dream for free!:D

Iwearabowtie

New in Town
Here's a 1950s one sold by Sears.
Thanks for posting all these pictures and information Dinerman! I have a coat almost identical to this one except the collar is dark brown in color. There is no makers label on the coat save a small label on the inner bottom portion of the inside of the jacket that says SR double duty for rugged wear. The ACWA tag shows it should be from '39-'49 but I can't find any information on it except for your information on this post. Any info you had you be greatly appreciated, thanks again for your time.

Peregrino

New in Town
Hi Dinerman

I'm a recently joined member who could use some of your sage advice.
I purchased a 50's Brown Hercules Mackinaw, similar to the one you have shown on FL, the coat has a wonderful outer but the sheepskin lining is cracked and need replacing. Have you ever replaced the sheepskin in a mackinaw? What would you recommend?
Where could I find some Blanket lining ala Troy blanket material to line it with. Also I need two black urea buttons, any idea of stockists,that would ship to the UK.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner