Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Fedora Lounge meets Meyer The Hatter

Fedora Lounge,

After lurking this board on and off for years, I've decided to make us a user name and sign up! This is by far the most serious "Hat Talk" that I've run across and it's great to find others with the same passion for headwear. If you do not know us, Meyer's is a five generation run, family business located in downtown New Orleans. We've sold hats in the first block of St. Charles Avenue since 1894. Third generation patriarch and World War II veteran Sam Meyer, who just turned 92 last week, still comes in to work a few days a week alongside his children and grandchildren. If you've met him, he is quite the hoot!

Stetson flew down as part of their 150th Anniversary celebration and spent the weekend with us and created a nice short film of us which you might enjoy:

Looking forward to joining the discussion and to be of any help. If any of you happen to visit NOLA, don't be afraid to stop in and say hello!

Sincerely,

Cedric Meyer
Meyer The Hatter
5th Generation

Obsessed

One of the Regulars
Welcome! I paid you an enjoyable visit on my last trip to NOLA and love the Stetson Chatham that resulted from it.

Welcome to the Lounge and Happy Birthday, Mr. Sam! New Orleans is by far my favorite city in the entire world. It's been almost 4 years since I made it down there, and I'm yet to buy a hat from Meyer.

I hope that you become part of the discussions and enjoy your membership. You're among like-minded folk and friends here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff