Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The First Step BEFORE Buying Another Leather Jacket - Good Luck!

Windward

Practically Family
;)

CanIBuyAnotherLeatherJacket.jpg

It works !!!!!!
I have A N O T H E R on order...

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello Windward!

I agree......just need some clarification what the man figure is holding up to his (wife/girlfriend). Is it:
A. A fistful of Euros
B. 5 $100.00 bills
C. American Express Card
D. His whole darned wallet
E. All of the above

I have just received my last Aero utility jacket. I will now delete Aero from my favorites...although my finger is trembling. I will block the Windward...JanSolo...Toomuchcoffee...and all those enablers who feed the habit on purpose and even sink themselves deeper into HH mania. If I see a thread with the word Aero in it..I will not open it. I can do it...I can do it..Yes..I must do it..! Now where's the Jameson....
HD

I have just received my last Aero utility jacket. I will now delete Aero from my favorites...although my finger is trembling. I will block the Windward...JanSolo...Toomuchcoffee...and all those enablers who feed the habit on purpose and even sink themselves deeper into HH mania. If I see a thread with the word Aero in it..I will not open it. I can do it...I can do it..Yes..I must do it..! Now where's the Jameson....
HD

Quit yappin' and post some pix!!! :)

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
If one already has a substantial collection of jackets wouldn't it be easier (if not sneakier) to buy another jacket without permission and then say "oh, I've had that one for years" when questioned? It works for guns, maybe it works for jackets. :D

Windward

Practically Family
It will be more relaxing and enjoying to wear a new jacket without guilty conscience...and its more satisfaction if your wife/GF gives you compliments about your new acquisition...perhaps...otherwise... it could be also an "individual case assessment".;)

amador

A-List Customer
Heh Heh...
I bought a low quality ill fitting leather jacket and wore it as often as I could when out with Linda (wife/GF/SO/partner). She complained about it from day one. Then I was able to buy what I wanted. Old jacket to coats for kids. Ta-Da.

Fifty150

One Too Many
It will be more relaxing and enjoying to wear a new jacket without guilty conscience...and its more satisfaction if your wife/GF gives you compliments about your new acquisition...perhaps...otherwise... it could be also an "individual case assessment".;)

It would be more relaxing and enjoying to not have to ask your significant other for permission. I'm not a misogynist, chauvinist, nor rich enough that I can spend money and not notice. But my girl is not in control of my finances. I don't make financial decisions for her either. I don't object when she gets new things. She is very supportive and compliments my new acquisitions. We trust each other. But that doesn't mean that I collect Faberge Eggs, and she is not trying to replicate Imelda Marcos' shoe collection. We're both mature enough and responsible enough not to spend until it hurts, we manage to get by quite nicely, and we even have something in savings.

A lot of guys I know indulge in activities like strip clubs and massage parlors. They all find a way to manage their finances, and not get caught by the wife. If you're motivated, you will find a way.

Do you have a commercial kitchen inside of your house? What does that oven cook? Whole hogs?

It's a British "AGA Cooker" Quite a nice piece actually. Look, the oven gets me my eccentricities like jackets, watches, motorcycles, etc. Not quite a whole hog can fit, but anything short of it.
She's my wife, we DO share finances. So, it's give and take, no loss of b@lls. lol

Last edited:

Fifty150

One Too Many
We do whole hogs in the back yard in a bbq/smoker that looks like a big oil drum. I've always wanted to dig a hole and do it underground like the Polynesians. And that "Chinese Box" from Cuba looks interesting too. Awhile back, someone brought over a goat, and we cooked that until the meat was falling off the bone tender.

DonW

New in Town
Bought an Aero Highwayman a couple of weeks ago and love it, the Christmas bonus has just paid out and I have my eye on another Aero, I bought my wife an AGA 22 years ago so can't use that as a good excuse again, what do you think the best plan would be to break the news?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana