The Flat Head vs The Real McCoy's: which jacket to choose?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by racepunter, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Brandrea33

Brandrea33 A-List Customer

Congratulations in advance!!!

2. racepunter

racepunter New in Town

Sorry, I will not post the photos here. I am very disappointed with this forum and so decided to close my account.

TREEMAN likes this.
  3. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Could you elaborate? How come your disappointment?

4. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

Robbie79 likes this.
  5. Marc mndt

I don't know what happened there, but why throw the baby out with the bathwater? :)

6. BloodEagle

BloodEagle One of the Regulars

Looking at that other thread - what an odd guy!

Carlos840 and Robbie79 like this.
  7. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Hasta la vista !!

Jin431, Carlos840, Robbie79 and 2 others like this.
  8. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

Getting upset with a whole forum because one person doesn't want to sell something to you? Bit of an overreaction! I didn't like the bit where he quoted how much he earns, to point out how valuable his time is, ignoring how everyone in this thread used their precious time to offer free advice to him.

ton312, Jin431, Robbie79 and 4 others like this.
  9. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Buh bye

Jin431, Robbie79 and Harris HTM like this.
  10. moktabe

moktabe Familiar Face

oops.

Jin431 likes this.
  11. Rgcards

Rgcards One of the Regulars

He's probably an important heart surgeon. Doesn't have to waste on losers like me

Robbie79 likes this.
  12. Rgcards

Honestly not sure how much members who are only interested bin very expensive stuff add to the forum. Not that I believe they are not welcome, but I don't learn much from those who only interested in jackets that start at 2500

Jin431 and Robbie79 like this.
  13. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

I think we can learn from both people who can afford only a 5 star and people who would never buy anything below 2k. This is what this forum is about to me: collective knowledge and gentleman ethics. I've learned things I'd never found out my self in a million years.
    There is also a reason why some members (including me) are reluctant to sell to brand new members. The behaviour of the guy spending half an hour of his precious time blaming both the forum and one of its most valuable members proves us correct.

14. Marc mndt

There are many things that I would like to learn about 2.5k+ jackets. Like quality of construction, materials used and patterns. I'm sure there are differences between makers. Question is, was the original poster interested in those quality traits or was he merely seeking to buy an expensive Japanese made jacket?

15. Rgcards

I think that's a more accurate representation of what I was trying to say

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  16. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

ton312, sweetfights, Robbie79 and 3 others like this.
  17. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

Indeed. I am mostly interested in expensive Japanese jackets, but not because they are expensive. I have also been on this forum for many years and am still here. Yes, some people just see price tags and want to flex (I have no idea if that's what @racepunter was doing, but I can say that there are those of us who value these jackets for reasons beyond price and country of origin.

Also, clearly @racepunter was at fault in that other thread. @Robbie79 did nothing wrong.

Kuro, AeroFan_07, El Marro and 3 others like this.
  18. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Don’t let the door hit you on your way out!

Robbie79, Harris HTM, Jin431 and 2 others like this.
  19. ton312

ton312

Any person that goes off the reservation about not being able to make a purchase ( as a complete noob) in this forum is probably running some kind of game. It doesn’t take very long to learn… while this community is very close knit, it’s also extremely welcoming. There are some dues to pay. They are small. Contribute. That’s all it takes.

As far as what knowledge can be gleaned from jackets purchased here…for me anyway, the price point is the least telling. IMHO, the only way to truly learn is to explore. Treat the hobby as an expedition without any end. Sometimes it’s costly and sometimes it’s not. Other times the cost is more about time, desire and vision more so than money. That’s what makes it fun. I realize we aren’t building rockets here, but there has to be more to it than slapping down a card. That journey can be seen at lesser forums, which have no real lasting membership.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021