Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Good News Thread

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Lots of bad news out there. Gloom and doom.

What's good with you today? Did you find something great this past weekend? Make a new friend? Find a wrinkle cream that really works? :eek:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday, I made my first ever tiramisu. It was declared a resounding and delicious success by my father, who suggested I give it a shot (in preparation for making another tiramisu, which I'm taking to a family gathering in a couple of weeks' time).

IMG_0238.jpg

This is literally my first attempt in making one.

Does it look like a delicious success?

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
What a great-looking "experiment!" Glad it was a success! Was it fun to make? I've been thinking more about baking once the weather gets cooler!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Hi,

Yes it was a lot of fun to make. Tricky and somewhat labour intensive, but fun nonetheless. Building up the layers and laying on the cream and cocoa powder and trying to make it look PERFECT!

The wonderful thing about tiramisu of course, is that it doesn't need baking. Just refrigeration (preferrably overnight for best flavour, so I have discovered).

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I haven't made a tiramisu in such a long time... I'm inspired again :D That one looks delicious!

My good news: Today I'm going to do something I've wanted to do since I was a child... Go to Build-a-Bear! I never grew out of teddy bears and since I first saw that shop, I wanted to go. I didn't for various reasons, but I've got a milestone birthday coming up soon and doggone it, I'm going to do it!!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I am going to see a good girl friend on Monday or Tuesday, whom I haven't seen in 6 months and don't see nearly enough. We always have a great time together. :)

Oh, and our garden is looking wonderful! Had a homegrown stir fry last night, cooked by my husband. What's better than a home grown meal that you pick yourself and somebody else makes? ;)

I also think my kitchen remodel will soon be over. Glass half full....

Kabel

Familiar Face
Well, let's say it's good news in advance, but in about two weeks (19th) I will have finished my internship and will receive my graphic design diploma. Then the looking for a real job will really kick off and I'm super excited about that.

Chas

One Too Many
Working full time again. ENORMOUSLY good news, no matter the pay.

Congrats, man.

I bought some wickedly delish fruit yesterday. The Okanagan peaches are top-drawer this year, as are their cherries. I also picked up some amaaazing 78 rpm records in Seattle on Saturday.

As I write this I'm on my way out the door to go to a Hot Wheels collectors' show. I hope to pick up a few goodies. :)

And indeed I did find some (mainly Golden Era type) goodies at the show! :D

DSCF0620.jpg

It even has a New Jersey licence plate lol
DSCF0615.jpg

'36 Ford
DSCF0610.jpg

DSCF0607.jpg

Model A Sedan Delivery. Blister card is signed by Larry Wood, one of Mattel's original Hot Wheels designers.
DSCF0591.jpg

DSCF0612.jpg

A view of the show
DSCF0603.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points