The Middy Thread

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by C-dot, Nov 24, 2009.

1. LundyGirl

LundyGirl New in Town

BD-
    I have a dress very similar to that. mine is the same pattern, and looks to be about the same size cherries as well, but its a halter top dress.....love it! and your hair is beautiful!!!

2. LundyGirl

LundyGirl New in Town

So, today I look "the big step" and had my hair cut in the "Middy" style. I'm still kind of iffy about it because i have NO IDEA how to curl my hair....So what do you guys think??? And how about my new Retro-ish shirt I found at Goodwill yesterday??

[​IMG]

3. Black Dahlia

Black Dahlia Call Me a Cab

Thank you ginfizz and thank you for posting the fingerwave tutorial!
    X
    BD

4. Black Dahlia

I too have a halter top version. One can never have too many cherry dresses! ;0
    [​IMG]

Poop, your photo isn't working!
    X
    BD

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  5. Land-O-LakesGal

Land-O-LakesGal Practically Family

You can to the right place for finding out how to curl your hair that how I found the lounge in the 1st place.
    You could start out easy with hot sticks or hot rollers but your curls won't last as long but they are pretty easy.
    You could try a roller set sponge rollers, pillow rollers, perm rods, or my new favorite lock loops
    Or you dive into the difficult stuff with pin curls.
    You might want to look some of Lisa Freemont Streets tutorials on you tube then read the threads on the lounge too.
    I hope you get your picture working soon I am excited to see your cut.

6. lolly_loisides

lolly_loisides One Too Many

Here you go LundyGirl
    [​IMG]

7. Becky Johnson

Becky Johnson New in Town

Hey ladies!

I am new to FL. I have been playing with vintage styles for a couple of years now, but have gotten more dedicated to it the last few months. I have decided to try C-Dot's tutorial for a middy this afternoon. I am terrified, but I think as long as I am cautious, it will be ok. I'll let you know how it goes!

8. Black Dahlia

Welcome Becky!

I can't wait to see the results. I was going to try C-dot's tutorial, but was too chicken myself!

Your hair looks AMAZING in your avatar. Great waves!
    X
    BD

9. ginfizz

ginfizz One of the Regulars

Of course Black Dahlia! I hope it was helpful. I feel a little awkward putting up a video of myself, but I hope someone can learn something from it. I'm still trying to decide if I want to make more, since it is what I do for a living.

lolly loisides the cut looks great, and I love that necklace!

10. lolly_loisides

Ginfizz, that's actually LundyGirl, she was having trouble posting pics, so I helped her out :)

11. Becky Johnson

Thank you! That was one of my favorite styles! Although it was hell to sleep in. :eeek:

Middy pics coming now.

12. Becky Johnson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is blow dried and then quickly hot rolled. I plan to wash and wet set with sponge rollers tonight. The color is a little funky in the pics because my real camera was dead so I was using my phone. None of the pictures of the back came out very well because of that, but it is "u" shaped.

C-dot, you are my HERO!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  13. ginfizz

ginfizz One of the Regulars

oh how embarrassing. Sorry, I'm still very new here.

14. lolly_loisides

:) Don't be embarrassed it's an easy mistake to make. BTW, thanks for the link to your youtube tutorial.

15. C-dot

C-dot Call Me a Cab

Magnificent, It suits you so well! And the best part is, you did it yourself. :)

16. LundyGirl

LundyGirl New in Town

Thank you so much for posting my pic!!! I'm still learning!!

17. Patricia Lynn

Patricia Lynn New in Town

Wow, Becky, that looks amazing! You nailed it.

18. Grant Fan

Grant Fan Practically Family

SO I have never really looked through this thread. But after my hair cut last week and being asked a few times if it was a middy, then just reading through this thread I think it might be. I took a picture of Dita Von Tease with her new shorter hair with me to the salon and I think he just sort of knocked it out of the park. but then again he loves vintage so that could have helped.

19. Heather

Heather Practically Family

After reading through the last 20+ pages of this thread and seeing photos of all you lovely ladies results, I'm thinking about attempting a cut this weekend. My hair is somewhere between a half inch and an inch past my shoulders so I don't think I'm going take it too short....at first! ;)

20. AdrianLvsRocky

AdrianLvsRocky One of the Regulars

Looking good ladies!! I had a middy cut in at the hairdressers months and months ago but now I'm in desperate need of a cut. I'm so tempted to follow your instructions C-dot but I'm known for being accident prone and I dread to think of the damage I could do. I have hinted to my husband that he could do it for me as he's a bit of an OCD perfectionist but he just point blank refuses!

Will have to bite the bullet and go back to the hairdressers I guess but a free cut is so much more appealing!