Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The MK Idol Returns!!

Captain Krunch

Familiar Face
Wow!

I gotta say, hanging around the Fedora Lounge is turning into an expensive proposition! Still, I missed out on the first batch; I'm not going to be unlucky again. I look forward to getting one of these babies; it'll be a nice companion piece to the MK Falcon....

patterson

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by patterson
If he will let me, I would be in for one as well!

Well, I'm the "dirty ba***rd" that opened the floodgates on the first batch of Idols. I was tired of the crappy ones making such high claims on eBay, so I threw mine out there for (what I thought was an obscene price) $800 - just to make a point. Well, somebody bit hard, then a second one sold...

MK's given me quite a bit of grief (well intended) over that incident. He's been kind enough to sell me one of his falcons. I'd sure like to put one of those Idols back on my shelf.

Imahomer

Practically Family
Ahhh... I get it. Well, hopefully that won't make difference. I do know what you meant though because I sort of followed your lead and sold mine off too. I miss it every day, but the money went to a very good cause.

patterson

One of the Regulars
I just read through the posts over on COW. I was so hacked-off at the end that I unlocked the thread and put in my 2-bits. Not to stir it up, but I hit flash-boil over the misguided whinning...

Gee - my first post over there in 6 months?

There - I feel better...

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
There - I feel better... [/B]

Patterson, that was the waaay edited down version at that. If you would've read what first went on, then the flak for locking it... well let's just say, be glad you weren't cc'd on that email to the rest of the moderators. ;)

But maybe we should have a little more mud slinging if it brings you out from your 'hole'. Hopefully you didn't see your shadow and will stick around some more.:D

Mike

Imahomer

Practically Family
Well, personally I was floored by the postings of one of the guys who, I thought, was flipping out over this. I mean, it's a prop. It was like I got mine and it's great, so that's it... I had seen his postings before and I thought this came out of left field. Although, to his credit he later posted a go ahead and make them line.

Unlike a lot of those folks who make several postings a day I don't say much unless it really ticks me off, or gets my attention. This was in poor form. No one has the right to tell Mk (who I certainly don't personally know) what he can make, or how many he can make of them. He isn't trying to screw anyone, rather, he is doing a good thing. Like I say, I don't personally know the guy, but my meager dealings with him have always been above board and in reading his postings on various boards, he seems to be someone who is for the hobby and the people.

Just me and my two cents worth!

Williamson

New in Town
Good to hear from you Patterson.........

I must say, it was quite enjoyable reading your post on COW. You have been missed! Honestly, one can almost hear the inflection of your words as they are written. Nice to see you haven't lost your touch. Always good hearing from you. Regards,Williamson

Captain Krunch

Familiar Face
Originally posted by Imahomer
He isn't trying to screw anyone, rather, he is doing a good thing.
What's that saying? "No good deed goes unpunished"? Seems like MK found that out earlier this week. Too bad, too. There's way too much bad mojo out there in the world; I don't see why people have to piddle on the few good things that cross our paths.

Imahomer

Practically Family
I really thought that if people hadn't been real quick to post and had thought about what they were going to say, they would have calmed down and the postings would have been fine.

Imahomer

Practically Family
Well, I for one will be disappointed if this run goes down the drain. I'll have to get My Indy vodoo doll, put a different face on it and then put a few pins in it!
LOL

Sergei

Gone Home
LOL! That's great, Imahomer.

If it wasn't for the mudslinging, this would have been a great thread. It's a shame, things got so ugly so fast. I was really hurtin for my bud, MK. Just a good samaritan and look what happens.

"Oh, it breaks the heart." - Sean Connery

-Sergei

Imahomer

Practically Family
Hey Sergei...

Like I've said, I don't personally know MK and my dealings with him have been small and to the point. In my job I deal with a lot of people and need to be able to get a read on them right away... My read on MK, is that he is a good guy, who wants to help people. I know if I were him, I'd probably have some hurt feelings after reading some of those postings.

So, I guess we'll see where this road leads...

Rabittooth

New in Town
Originally posted by patterson
Well, I'm the "dirty ba***rd" that opened the floodgates on the first batch of Idols. I was tired of the crappy ones making such high claims on eBay, so I threw mine out there for (what I thought was an obscene price) $800 - just to make a point. Well, somebody bit hard, then a second one sold...

MK's given me quite a bit of grief (well intended) over that incident. He's been kind enough to sell me one of his falcons. I'd sure like to put one of those Idols back on my shelf.

Yeah...I'm that second "Dirty ba***rd" that sold an MK idol as well. Also praying to get a second chance. Forgive MK! FORGIVE!!! :)

-Rabittooth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21