Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Sinatra Hat

Viper Man

Banned
According to the book, "The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Living" by Bill Zehme, Frankie wore Cavanagh hats exclusively. That hat doesn't look like a Cavanagh to me. [huh]

psugrad98

One of the Regulars
Razzman said:
I have to agree with the others. I doubt Sinatra would wear a wool felt hat.

Hat looks cheap. Plus the sizing bothers me. I learned with my huge noggin never to buy l/xl, but to stick with number sizing.

Among the many things to be said for NOT being a celebrity is that there is little chance your name and/or likeness will ever be used to market tacky, chintzy merchandise such as that "official" hat.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I doubt the milans are officially licensed or that they even have a model name. That's probably just the name Henry the Hatter chose to sell them under. But yeah, I'm sure the Chairman would not approve.

Tiller

Practically Family
I'm still searching for a look alike to his famous bluish gray summer hat myself. If they got a deal to start selling them, and they actually looked halfway like the original I'd buy it. But that's wool felt hat... just no... Although it maybe a way to get a few more people interested in hats. Always try to be positive right?

frank-sinatra-studio--c117375311246646778.jpeg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Tiller said:
I'm still searching for a look alike to his famous bluish gray summer hat myself. If they got a deal to start selling them, and they actually looked halfway like the original I'd buy it. But that's wool felt hat... just no... Although it maybe a way to get a few more people interested in hats. Always try to be positive right?

http://open.salon.com/files/frank-sinatra-studio--c117375311246646778.jpeg

sinatraQ.jpg

I believe that's a Milan straw pork pie, here's another shot of it. Someone around here recently posted on that looked really close to that but a different color, with the same shape and a similar pleated pug. I think it was CRH.

Chainsaw

Suspended
Most of the people that are going to buy these hat's, aren't even going to wear them. Except for when they sit back and listen to Sinatra. The size thing, even department stores have a better selection. Hey, anything that gets people wearing hats again, is a good thing. I don't think this was intended, or is in fact an insult, to Sinatra.

To paraphrase Pt Barnum, "even bad advertising, is advertising."

theinterchange

One Too Many
This is just too sad. Sinatra has always, and I mean even when I was a little kid, been for me the epitome of cool... So, to have something like this attached to his legacy is just more than a little sickening. :(

Randy

EDIT:: it was mentioned in the original post that the liner looks cool... I'll give the hat that much, it does look great!

WH1

Practically Family
A sad day for the Sinatra legacy when hats like these are attributed to a man who was such a careful and elegant dresser. But I am not surprised, I mean did anyone else see the train wreck that is now Nancy Sinatra on American Idol a couple of weeks ago when they featured the music of Sinatra. WOW looks like the boots were made for walking all over her face,:eusa_doh: talk about your plastic surgery disasters. The crazy thing is her sister Tina is a very attractive lady apparently sans surgery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points