Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The other hat that ultimately led me here.

jskeen

One of the Regulars
Ok, as I admitted before, I sorta started out looking for info on "that" hat (the one we don't discuss around here much). But this is another major contributor to my current hat "issues".
50eda4bee08e2.image.jpg

Anybody recognize it without reading the article?

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...e-7de9-5bc0-b2e5-b5d194b9c064.html?mode=story

I got serious about archery a few years back when my boys hit cub scouts and wanted to move from plastic toy bow and arrows to something serious. I figured I better get one myself if I was going to teach them how to use one safely, and started researching. Being a woodworker I was drawn to the older recurve bows more than modern compounds, and kept running into pictures of "Papa Bear" with a wooden bow, a large dead critter, and this really awesome looking hat. Interested in vintage hunting attire? A photo search for Fred Bear is like a tutorial in what to wear out in the boonies, and how to look cool while doing it.

The rest, as they say, is history. As of now my custom bows still outnumber my good hats, but probably not for long. Anybody else here shoot? Got a pic with your bow and your hat? Post'em up!
2013-07-18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner