The Real McCoy’s / Joe McCoy Nelson 30’s Sport Jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Cognoscente, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Cognoscente

Cognoscente Familiar Face

I will say that one of my favorite things about this jacket are the flannel lined wrist cuffs. It really makes a difference up here in the dry cold of CO when my other coats can chafe my hands. My Himel Heron is really bad about that for me. Something about how the stiff cotton lining is sewn to the end of the cuff. It does change my mind when I reach for a jacket.

Bukowski likes this.
  2. Bukowski

Bukowski New in Town

3. Bukowski

Bukowski New in Town

Totally digging this jacket thanks @Cognoscente for original post and sizing info

Marc mndt, Cognoscente and Jin431 like this.
  4. Bukowski

Bukowski New in Town

296E4750-CB63-4DE6-B72E-29C50AD6C66F.jpeg 81D96322-7185-4B9D-BDE9-A07BE928CF56.jpeg

Attached Files:

Brandrea33, TREEMAN, Boyo and 7 others like this.
  5. Fireflame

Fireflame Familiar Face

Great looking jacket my friend! Very interesting to hear that jackets are now running TTS. I might be able to get me a jacket now :)

Bukowski, Cognoscente and Jin431 like this.
  6. Bukowski

Bukowski New in Town

Thanks !

7. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

I'm getting into the danger zone and have been looking at a lot of RMC stuff lately. From what I can tell, it seems like most of their jackets now are more TTS but maybe the cross zips (J24, J24L, etc.) seem to be more slim cut. It's interesting because those models also have full action back and I think in most cases you can push the limits of your usual ptp, but it seems like, at least on paper, the measurements shift from say an A2 size 40 to cross zip 40. It's like an inch or two difference in chest. Wondering if the action back will compensate the difference, but at least on Standard & Strange website, they seem to recommend to size up.

8. Cognoscente

Cognoscente Familiar Face

Thanks @Bukowski. Glad I could help and the jacket fits you great! Enjoy

Jin431 and Bukowski like this.
  9. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

Really great fit on that jacket @Bukowski . Looks ace.

Cognoscente, Jin431 and Bukowski like this.
  10. Bukowski

Bukowski New in Town

I’m wearing this with a T and thin shirt and that’s what I wanted here in Canada it’s leather jacket for a month or two than you either freeze your ass off and look cool or pull out the parka lol
    I’m similar sizing to original post with a 40 inch chest 174 pounds 5’10. If I was concerned about layering with sweater and hoodies etc I would of sized up.

Cognoscente and Jin431 like this.
  11. Bukowski

Bukowski New in Town

Thanks ! And thanks for all the inspiration and instructions

12. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

Very kind of you to say!

Bukowski likes this.
  13. sweetfights

sweetfights Call Me a Cab

Cognoscente, Jin431 and Bukowski like this.
  14. Bukowski

Bukowski New in Town

Yes it’s really nice … I just saw the pics of your Mulholland beautiful jacket and fit !

Cognoscente, sweetfights and Jin431 like this.
  15. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

To the OP... both jackets look amazing and the best thing is you have the body to pull it off. The finest jacket in the world is useless if you can't carry it off. You can. Congrats.

Worf

16. Bukowski

Bukowski New in Town

One more can you tell I dig this jacket lol E0621A89-312A-418A-9C09-5878E7441062.jpeg 278A9572-B2C1-4076-B6BC-3A3F99355831.jpeg 8CCE7B95-0B94-4721-B1D9-84AE4C8AD712.jpeg

17. Brandrea33

Brandrea33 A-List Customer

This is a really great looking jacket and I’m seriously considering one (after the Mulholland debacle :rolleyes:). I’m encouraged to hear the sizes published at The Real Mccoys is accurate to the actual jacket received.

Would any of you lucky owners expand on the liner please? Pics? Is it cotton drill or … ?

sweetfights, Bukowski and Jin431 like this.
  18. Brandrea33

Update … I just placed my order.:rolleyes:

Max at The Real Mccoys said the lining is a “light herringbone twill” which is exactly what I was looking for.

Excited to receive it and thank you to the enablers here … @dwilson, @Bukowski (great pics) and the primary instigator, @Cognoscente.

19. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Congrats man! Hope this fits better than your short lived Mulholland.

Bukowski and Brandrea33 like this.
  20. Brandrea33

Thank you my friend. I truly hope so as well. I swore off ordering online after that experience…. Clearly I’m a weak man lol

Bukowski and Jin431 like this.