Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Real McCoy's A2 Horsehide Flight Jacket, Seal Brown, Size 44 (fits small)

whorishconsumer

Familiar Face
The Real McCoy's A2 Flight Jacket
Model MJ18101
Size 44 (fits small – see below measurements)
Seal Brown (051)
Vegetable-tanned, tea-core Shinki horsehide leather exterior (pigment-dyed)
Cotton lining
Talon zipper (WWII deadstock)
Wool ribbing
Hidden-button collar
Made in Japan

This is an older-model version of The Real McCoy's iconic A2 WWII reproduction jacket, purchased in 2020 from The Armoury, here in NYC.

I believe there is a newer-model version now out there ("Model 20"), which has a different fit. If it follows the trend of other Real McCoy's jackets of late, it has been loosened up to accommodate a western audience. This model (MJ18101) is a Japanese fit and has a slimmer, modern cut than the A2 jackets you may be familiar with. The style of jacket it is emulating was itself cut to be narrow in the shoulders, looser in the body and end at just below the waist (for when pilots were seated in the cockpit). In the case of the model MJ18101, they retained this general silhouette but took in the sides for a more straight fit, to offset the billowy fit hat many dislike in A2s. The sleeves are similarly slim (relatively).

The jacket has moderate, noticeable wear. There is a low limit on photos on this forum, so inquire and I can provide detail shots of the notable areas where there been wear, scuffs or abrasions. Note also that "tea-core" dyed leather, such as was used here, is so-called because beneath the very rich-colored exterior is a much lighter shade of pigment, which you begin to as the jacket is worn.

The wool ribbing is in very good condition, with no fraying or holes. No staining, discoloration or tears of the lining.

$1500 shipped within the US. Contact for international, although this is like cost prohibitive.

Hanger not included.

Measurements

P2p: 22 3/8ths"
Belly (across top of hip pockets): 21 7/8ths"
Shoulder: 18"
Sleeve (measured from shoulder to sleeve: 23.5" to base of ribbing / 25 5/8ths" to end of ribbing
Bicep: ~ 9 9/8ths"
Back Length: 26"
Front Length: 25.25"

IMG_2056.jpeg
IMG_2057.jpeg
IMG_2058.jpeg
IMG_2061.jpeg
IMG_2064.jpeg
IMG_2072.jpeg
IMG_2079.jpeg
IMG_2080.jpeg
IMG_2082.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Kevin O'Sullivan

Familiar Face
Wouldn't take it personal.

Lot of guys are selling A-2 styles right now, plenty from Aero coming in around $5-600. Which is a pretty steep drop from your tag unfortunately. Unless they want that RMC prestige, probably feels like a better deal.

Thon Maker

One of the Regulars
I originally purchased this but will unfortunately be selling it, I'll create my own listing a minute but let me know if you have any other questions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk