Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The return of the Peekaboo tie

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I used to own a peekaboo tie (that's what I called it, anyway), one that has a pinup girl depicted in the lining. I've mourned it ever since it went missing.

A purveyor called Miss Feeney's Finery has revived the practice:

http://www.missfeeneys.com/

They also will be offering fedoras, "finely crafted from the highest quality natural materials with great affection, care, and, of course, a sense of humor."

Hmm -- peekaboo hat linings, perhaps?

peekabootie.jpg

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
skyvue said:
Hmm -- peekaboo hat linings, perhaps?

And a little further reading reveals...

"Secreted inside the liner of each necktie and fedora is a Kent Steine signature pinup girl. A partnership with Steine was a perfect fit for Miss Feeney's. Steine produces images in the classic pin-up style, with just the right amount of modern appeal. Miss Feeney's founder, Marie Shepard, says of Steine's work: "We were looking for an update of the classic Pinup Girl; bringing her into the 21st century while keeping all of her demure, war-era sensuality intact. Kent really gets it." Pinup ties were all the rage in the 1940s and 50s, and it is this trend that inspired the creation of Miss Feeney's Finery."

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
I have a peekaboo tie. It looks like a regular tie until you open it up and there is a "pin-up" girl (or something like that). Unfortunately it is far too explicit for this board to post a picture on, but the idea is the same. I use it as my job interview tie, as it appears completely innocuous on the outside, but knowing what's on the inside gives me a bit of a laugh which completely removes the stress from interviews. I got it just off the Rialto Bridge in Venice (my wife bought it for me) so I suspect that Hemmingway Jones will know the type I mean.

de Stokesay

RobStC

A-List Customer
Slim Portly said:
Dead link for me.

:eek:fftopic: Well, I know you're an adventurous dresser, Slim, but that's certainly a different look for you in your new avatar....
May be over-doing the pink a little, though?

Yours, tongue-in-cheek,

RobStC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider