Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ride

Fifty150

One Too Many
From city to city, the online map says 561 miles. Door to door, it's a little more.

2 saddlebags. 1 for each of us. Only toiletries, clean socks, and clean underwear. We'll be wearing our entire wardrobe during the ride, and those will be the same clothes we're wearing for the entire trip. Leather jackets, down vests, wool shirts, blue jeans, and boots. Wash out your socks and underwear each night in the hotel room sink.

We each carry 1 empty bag, just in case we have to pick up anything enroute. I've been known to buy from roadside fruit stands. Or she goes shopping. Always smart to have something to carry extra beer. She gets a messenger bag. A Timbuk2. My bag is homemade. I made it. 1 full piece of leather, riveted at the seams. The entire bag is made with a $5 rivet tool from the hardware store. 3 strips of belt leather wrapping and supporting the contents, close the opening the and the flap. D-rings allow me to use the bag as a crossbody or shoulder bag, or use 2 beltstraps as a backpack.

CameraZOOM-20211214142241863.jpg
CameraZOOM-20211214142349634.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points