The Right Brooklyn Dodgers Cap

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Matt Deckard, May 13, 2019.

1. Matt Deckard

Matt Deckard Man of Action

I keep forgetting, is it that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, or that the squeaky wheel gets replaced? It’s been the longest time I’ve been asking for a version of the classic Brooklyn Dodgers cap in a good weight broadcloth flannel with the figure 8 B and the white button and no battermam logo on back from New Era caps. Heck my videos have in some cases been getting more hits than New Era caps. Finally, New Era has done it, and in an excellent blue! This is on the outside, very much the hat #jackierobinson wore when he played for the dodgers. The one in the shots I’ve beat up a bit and gotten wet because... well I want it to look like it has some life to it. Even curved the bill 30s style. This is the new New Era Authentic collection 1945 Brooklyn Dodgers edition. And out of the box it’s pretty much the exact specs of an Ebbets field flannels cap, but using major league logos. I’ll post a side by side break down later. But for now, check it out. It’s Babe Ruth’s Dodgers hat come to life. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Garrett

Garrett My Mail is Forwarded Here

Matt, the Seattle based Ebbets Field Flannels (https://www.ebbets.com/) you mentioned does a great job. They use vintage wool broad cloth for their caps and vintage patterns as well. I've purchased a few of their caps with my favorite being the 1946 satin Montreal Royals cap seen below. Worn by none other than Jackie himself.

[​IMG]

3. Matt Deckard

Looks grand! I might get one of those. I do wish ebbets had the rights to do Brooklyn Dodgers caps. This one is verbatim what they make but with the major league logo and the cloth is a wool polyester blend. Like I said, I’ll do a side by side of my ebbets and this new era cap soon. [​IMG]

Zombie_61 likes this.
  4. Matt Deckard

Ebbets Field Flannels cap in the middle of the second shot. A few of the new @neweracap authentic collection. Broadcloth is very nice. The brim cut is verbatim to that of @ebbetsvintage. I’ll do my full report shortly so stay tuned. What are you thoughts? So far I’m impressed by the crown shape and the correct B on the Dodgers caps. .
    .[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Zombie_61 likes this.