Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

THE SATIN FINISH/LONG HAIR CLUB

Carl Blum extra velour in black. Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 6cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Thick and heavy velour with a great hand to it and shapes with ease. An oddity is that the nap of the velour on the crown is brushed clockwise. Made for the Italian market as the label is in part in Italian. @PanosChris : it's sort of a pre-war Italian velour :)

The label gives 9/30 under the "data", which means it's from 1930 I suppose. There was a hatter called Anton Blum in Salzburg, Austria. Carl could well be related.

blum_01.jpg

blum_02.jpg

blum_03.jpg

blum_04.jpg

blum_06.jpg

blum_07.jpg

blum_08.jpg

blum_09.jpg

blum_10.jpg

blum_11.jpg

PanosChris

Practically Family
Carl Blum extra velour in black. Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 6cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Thick and heavy velour with a great hand to it and shapes with ease. An oddity is that the nap of the velour on the crown is brushed clockwise. Made for the Italian market as the label is in part in Italian. @PanosChris : it's sort of a pre-war Italian velour :)

The label gives 9/30 under the "data", which means it's from 1930 I suppose. There was a hatter called Anton Blum in Salzburg, Austria. Carl could well be related.

blum_01.jpg

blum_02.jpg

blum_03.jpg

blum_04.jpg

blum_06.jpg

blum_07.jpg

blum_08.jpg

blum_09.jpg

blum_10.jpg

blum_11.jpg
Stefan super! I was waiting for that one, I thought it to be a JHS (maybe the other brown Dunn&Co is?), but doesn't disappoint at all. Love the thicker, heavier, glossier velours but you know that already ;) A winner!

Last edited:
Stefan super! I was waiting for that one, I thought it to be a JHS (maybe the other brown Dun&Co is?), but doesn't disappoint at all. Love the thicker, heavier, glossier velours but you know that already ;) A winner!
Thank you, Panos. I was curious about this one and more or less, like you, expected it to be a Hückel. It isn't, but it's none the worse for it. I'll post the Dunn in a moment.

GA Dunn&Co Ltd velour hat in brown. Size 56 with the raw edge brim at 6 and the crown at 10 cm at the center dent. A more short haired velour in a nice rich brown colour. Lovely hand to the felt and it shapes easily. No labels under the sweat, so no idea who the manufacturer was. Weighs 126 grams.

dunn velour_8.jpg

dunn velour_2.jpg

dunn velour_1.jpg

dunn velour_3.jpg

dunn velour_4.jpg

dunn velour_5.jpg

dunn velour_6.jpg

dunn velour_7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member